TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Xcar Reviews The Shelby Gt/sc

CaitlinC

I think the English rather like the GT500 Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson gave it a good review also and threw in a good word about Carrol Shelby also.

It must have been the early GT500 because when he reviewed the 2013 he didn't have very many nice things to say. However that show is more about entertainment than it is about actually reviewing cars.

It must have been the early GT500 because when he reviewed the 2013 he didn't have very many nice things to say. However that show is more about entertainment than it is about actually reviewing cars.

No it was the 13 I didn't hear him say anything overly negative.. at least no more than he gives to any other car I thought it was a good review.

The early Gt500 that Richard Hammond reviewed got much worse press than the 2013 Jeremy did. They went so far as to strap it to a dyno and rename the car the GT440 after that's what it made.

+1 That's the review I was thinking of, he actually took a black sharpie magic marker and wrote "440" on the side of the car, after that I lost all respect for him not knowing the difference between flywheel and rear wheel horsepower.

Thing is guys don't expect a 100% positives on reviews on any car...I think Jeremy done the 13 GT500 review quiet well and had lots of good things to say about it.. like I said gave Kudos to Carrol Shelby

which I thought was a classy thing for him to do..as we all know the Brits don't like complementing anyone but themselves usually.

Agreed. The GT500's of all years suffer from various faults, but the earlier the model the more that exist. I'm not one of those people who goes around claiming that the GT500 is the best vehicle ever put on earth, hell it's not even the best car Ford or Shelby have ever built.

It is a good bit of fun though and reasonably priced.

Archived