TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anyone Have The Clear Spary On Bra Over Their Gt500 Stripes?

MilsGT500

My car is brand new and I was thinking about getting the spray on clear "bra" for the front of my baby. Has anyone done this? And if so does it effect the look of the matte stripes? My car is SGM with the Black matte stripes. I'm afraid the spray on would screw up the look of the matte stripes. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I had Suntek film applied over my stripes. They went up to the heat extractor. The film makes the matte stripes glossy. The Suntek film is very hard to see and the heat extractor seems to break up the change. Most people don't notice and the film is doing a good job.

I went with 3M paint protection film, and am highly satisfied with the results. Like tomshep said, it isn't applied over the stripes. I have it on the hood (up to the heat extractor), fenders, front facia, mirrors. Works great, very little seam visibility unless you're looking for it.

Edited by MTYQIN

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys I used the 3M spray on the lower sides were stones may hit the car. I haven't tried to use it on the front of the car yet, keep me posted on this subject since I just started here today.

If you don't have them already, Jaegar Bros rock guards are a must to protect your rockers. Super easy to put on and they help a lot.