TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag Recall Notice

19again

4 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

You have no choice but to get it done by a dealer.  A Ford Service department is the only one that can claim the parts from Ford and are the only ones that can clear the OASIS recall once the part is charged to the car.   There are unsubstantiated claims that some have obtained the parts from the parts department and done it themselves but so far none are in the first person (in other words, "I heard from a friend who knows someone that knows someone that claims they did it themselves" vs "I did it myself", or even a "I helped my neighbor do it"

Meh,……… I'm not going to debate it, there is always a choice, out of the literally millions of airbags and cartridges and parts there is always going to be a few types who aren’t willing to wait and will pay to have it done with or without an Oasis Cleared Report and will do so out of impatience and disregard of their own safety just to be able to drive their cars………..  and there are always people that will have too much money and too little sense. I am not saying doing so outside of Ford is a smart thing to do, just pointing out that it is not an idiot proof process. It is a bit disconcerting that Ford is pushing this issue over to also be done at their Quick Lanes……… there are probably going to be more stories like this recent one mentioned.  It is hard to believe some people really believe the techs working in the quick lanes are anywhere nearly as  trained up, certified and a highly paid as the techs who work in the regular dealership service department. I’m not bashing dealers, there are some good ones out there and I have never had a problem at any Ford dealer.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, twobjshelbys said:

What are they going to do, get some gorilla glue and caulk the crack?  They need to replace the parts.  Period.

Just a hint to others having the work done:   Take pictures of the steering wheel center and the passenger side top cover and bottom area before bringing it to the dealer. 

ya i didn`t take pictures but .i did pay attention to where it was when i took it in .

What are they going to do, get some gorilla glue and caulk the crack?  They need to replace the parts.  Period.

Just a hint to others having the work done:   Take pictures of the steering wheel center and the passenger side top cover and bottom area before bringing it to the dealer. 

ya i didn`t take pictures but .i did pay attention to where it was when i took it in .

The only thing I found when they did the passenger side was to rubber grommets  laying on the carpet. I took it back  & it was the two glove box stoppers  that they forgot to install other than that I had no issues with any of the installation & it only took  30 mins. to complete the work. 

I totally agree. I do have pictures of the before and after so I think I'll be OK there. I haven't spoken to the service manager yet, but I'm hoping the silver dash parts are 2 pieces, as mine is signed by Gary Patterson at the top. Gary signed mine at Carlisle in 2016, when it was the bookend for the Team Shelby tent presentation done by Gary.

2007 Hertz Dash Damage 82418.JPG

10 minutes ago, cougarss428 said:

I totally agree. I do have pictures of the before and after so I think I'll be OK there. I haven't spoken to the service manager yet, but I'm hoping the silver dash parts are 2 pieces, as mine is signed by Gary Patterson at the top. Gary signed mine at Carlisle in 2016, when it was the bookend for the Team Shelby tent presentation done by Gary.

2007 Hertz Dash Damage 82418.JPG

They actually had the nerve to give you your car back looking like that, and not say a word!

I would so NOT ever, take any car back to that dealership, that is inexcusable!

Archived