TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag Recall Notice

19again

Well you got to keep those GT owners happy :)

Tony is correct, GT owners do have extra privileges.

Steve

I think it is a realization that many Ford GTs are still "wrapped in plastic" (note 1) in collections where owners would not want to move them to get the recall installed.

Note 1: this isn't Twin Peaks, so I omit "dead,", but that may also apply to zero miles cars once they start to drive them.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped by the local Ford Dealer yesterday. They said both airbags on 141 have a recall notice.

I have a 2006 GT with only one recall. I don't get it.

They also have not done one as they don't sell very many Mustangs. What's wrong with this scenario?

I stopped by the local Ford Dealer yesterday. They said both airbags on 141 have a recall notice.

I have a 2006 GT with only one recall. I don't get it.

They also have not done one as they don't sell very many Mustangs. What's wrong with this scenario?

Wow, the plot deepens

• 1 month later...

I called my dealer yesterday to schedule an appointment to get the airbag replaced on 07H079. I was told that there is a "new" recall coming out in May and they are only doing cars that have the airbag light on right now. They are awaiting new shipments of airbags.

• 1 month later...

In today's Chicago Tribune they have added 63,700 Canadian GT's to the list. But I still wait for my second recall notice.

Larry and the rest of you north of the border can now join in the mess.

I checked with the ford dealer in frankfort ky on my 2007 shelby gt500 today. All they did was verified the Vin with the recall and no problem. They will order parts next week and will be scheduled for replacing later in the week.

• 8 months later...

Received letter that part was available for recall. Took 06H0050 to local Ford dealer and drivers side airbag inflator recall fixed No issues in getting this repaired.

Hopefully this is a start to finally get this recall over with. I will be calling my dealer soon to see where my part is. It won't be long before the Shelby comes out of hibernation.

I got the recall notice a while ago, but I only service my car once a year so mine will be done at the next service after winter.

Ya, during the airbag fix, I had dealer change all the fluids in addition to the standard multi-point inspection.

Contacted my dealer was told they haven`t engineered the fix for my model , give me a break engineered it ? They said they would call when they get the parts.

It is true. The "July 2015" recalls are awaiting a solution. The earlier recall simply replaced the canisters with the corrosive material with a new one with the same flaw - but it reset the clocks to give them time to arrive at a solution that doesn't fail. The latest word I got from the owner of Gaudin Ford is late summer 2016.

It is true. The "July 2015" recalls are awaiting a solution. The earlier recall simply replaced the canisters with the corrosive material with a new one with the same flaw - but it reset the clocks to give them time to arrive at a solution that doesn't fail. The latest word I got from the owner of Gaudin Ford is late summer 2016.

Wow is this the same for all Takats air bag recall ? If so we are talking years if they are still in business

Wow is this the same for all Takats air bag recall ? If so we are talking years if they are still in business

I don't know for other manufacturers if the recall is two stage. I have one on my truck too, but only one. It is possible that for those with only one recall the original manufacturer used multiple sources and could fall over to the other supplier for a compatible part but the Ford parts in question were single sourced.

Takata has some huge problems here...

I don't know for other manufacturers if the recall is two stage. I have one on my truck too, but only one. It is possible that for those with only one recall the original manufacturer used multiple sources and could fall over to the other supplier for a compatible part but the Ford parts in question were single sourced.

Takata has some huge problems here...

Ya I would say they do have their problems

• 4 months later...

Finally received recall letter from Ford stating parts are in. Took forever. I do wonder though, after what I'm hearing in the news, if all they're doing is replacing it with another Takata unit. I mean, who else makes 'em?

Finally received recall letter from Ford stating parts are in. Took forever. I do wonder though, after what I'm hearing in the news, if all they're doing is replacing it with another Takata unit. I mean, who else makes 'em?

i was told by a service writer they are not replacing with Takata units. He didn't say who's unit is being installed.

This is so confusing. Several years ago there was a recall/tsb to reprogram the passenger side air bag. Then last year, the recall for the air bag parts. I had both services done. I received yet another airbag recall notice in the mail yesterday. WTF is going on???

I was told the replacement units are coming from TRW

Archived