TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Record Set At Sai

shelbymotorsports

Well SEMA week kicked off with a bang on Monday here at Shelby American. Parking lot overflowing, line of taxi's waiting to drop off passengers and the museum & gift shop full to capacity. Word is we had 800 folks take the guided tour, keep in mind that's just tour people who took the 10:30 & 1:30 guided tour and doesn't count the hundreds of other visitors who stopped by during the rest of the day.

Why we've never really keep track of tour visitors we can say that 800 guided tours in a single day has set a new record here at SAI

So if you're in town for SEMA come on by and visit SAI. And if you visit the gift shop don't forget, "Next year Ferrari's ass is mine".

Steve

Well SEMA week kicked off with a bang on Monday here at Shelby American. Parking lot overflowing, line of taxi's waiting to drop off passengers and the museum & gift shop full to capacity. Word is we had 800 folks take the guided tour, keep in mind that's just tour people who took the 10:30 & 1:30 guided tour and doesn't count the hundreds of other visitors who stopped by during the rest of the day.

Why we've never really keep track of tour visitors we can say that 800 guided tours in a single day has set a new record here at SAI

So if you're in town for SEMA come on by and visit SAI. And if you visit the gift shop don't forget, "Next year Ferrari's ass is mine".

Steve

That is just so awesome Steve! I think Ol' Carroll is looking down and smiling right now! Keep up the great work SAI! :clapping:

Steve

Something to maybe consider especially if the signing of the wall becomes an issue might be to have a guest register. This way folks can sign in, you have a log of attendance and the books can be filed by calendar year or maybe even an electronic register. That said, congrats Shelby American.

Something to maybe consider especially if the signing of the wall becomes an issue might be to have a guest register. This way folks can sign in, you have a log of attendance and the books can be filed by calendar year or maybe even an electronic register. That said, congrats Shelby American.

That's something to consider as the walls are filling up. This morning I was thinking that perhaps we should consider having folks sign a blank banner that could then be hung from the ceiling once filled up with signatures.

Along the same line we could put up a banner commemorating an event. For example during next years Bash we create a banner with the title of "2015 Shelby Vegas Bash" , let everyone sign this commemorative banner that week and then after the bash we hang it from the Heritage Center ceiling. Who knows maybe we could even reproduce this signed commemorative banner, in a smaller physical size, and make it available to enthusiasts after the bash.

Steve

That's something to consider as the walls are filling up. This morning I was thinking that perhaps we should consider having folks sign a blank banner that could then be hung from the ceiling once filled up with signatures.

Along the same line we could put up a banner commemorating an event. For example during next years Bash we create a banner with the title of "2015 Shelby Vegas Bash" , let everyone sign this commemorative banner that week and then after the bash we hang it from the Heritage Center ceiling. Who knows maybe we could even reproduce this signed commemorative banner, in a smaller physical size, and make it available to enthusiasts after the bash.

Steve

Sounds cool.

I was their on Monday and still can't believe that you will not sell performance parts over the counter !!! I guess you are into t-shirt sales instead. :(

Hmm. I bought a billet transmission cross-member, a harness bar, gas cap and shoulder pads "over the counter" when I was there in April.

Phill

Hmm. I bought a billet transmission cross-member, a harness bar, gas cap and shoulder pads "over the counter" when I was there in April.

Phill

We have a new director of SPP now so things have changed since April. The gift shop has also received a minor face lift since then. It now has an even nicer flow to handle larger crowds and expanded merchandise. In fact Jenni from The Shelby Foundation has included some Foundation items at the Heritage Center Gift Shop.

Steve

We have a new director of SPP now so things have changed since April. The gift shop has also received a minor face lift since then. It now has an even nicer flow to handle larger crowds and expanded merchandise. In fact Jenni from The Shelby Foundation has included some Foundation items at the Heritage Center Gift Shop.

Steve

Cool! I know that the next time I make it to Vegas, I am there!

We do sell parts over the counter, but we just haven't set up the new retail space in the Heritage Center yet. If any of you come in to SAI for parts, the ladies up front will call one of our SPP guys to assist you. Excuse our dust, work in progress.

AJ

We do sell parts over the counter, but we just haven't set up the new retail space in the Heritage Center yet. If any of you come in to SAI for parts, the ladies up front will call one of our SPP guys to assist you. Excuse our dust, work in progress.

AJ

AJ,

In the past I found I had to call in a "on-line" order but I could pick it up at the counter. I could call from the gift shop (old store) on my cell phone and Tim would have it delivered to the counter for me. I know of others who used that method too.

At the last Bash in April, I dropped in on the last Sunday and Jer/Keith had a counter set up over by the Daytona with select parts up on the wall. I was able to buy direct from Keith and/or Jer at that time.

Not sure if that was a "Special Event" for the Bash or not, but it worked out really well.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I believe my wife purchased the fuel filler door and harness pads at the gift shop counter, not at the SPP counter. I purchased my cross-mameber and harness bar (some other stuff I can't remember) at the other (Makeshift?) counter.

Phill

Another record was broken on Saturday, largest Saturday crowd ever. And the "Next years Ferrari Ass is mine" secret password was a huge hit.

SEMA 2014 was a very positive event. From old faces to new faces, from TV personalities to radio show broadcasts, from old employees coming back for a visit to the newest hires getting their first taste of the Shelby experience, it was one wild week.

Steve

AJ,

In the past I found I had to call in a "on-line" order but I could pick it up at the counter. I could call from the gift shop (old store) on my cell phone and Tim would have it delivered to the counter for me. I know of others who used that method too.

At the last Bash in April, I dropped in on the last Sunday and Jer/Keith had a counter set up over by the Daytona with select parts up on the wall. I was able to buy direct from Keith and/or Jer at that time.

Not sure if that was a "Special Event" for the Bash or not, but it worked out really well.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I believe my wife purchased the fuel filler door and harness pads at the gift shop counter, not at the SPP counter. I purchased my cross-mameber and harness bar (some other stuff I can't remember) at the other (Makeshift?) counter.

Phill

+1 ... worked well when I picked up my parts.

Archived