TEAM SHELBY FORUM

something sounded loose when just moving!

1FSTHRSE

I thought I was hearing things, but was not sure. When just getting going there was an intermitent clunk or tick I could hear. Anyway this weekend I was able to install the EVO LCA's - all went well with that. When I removed the left rear wheel and rolled it away from the car I heard something rolling and rattling in the tire. The other wheel did not do it. I'm assumeing it has something to do with the Tire Pressure Sensor being loose. I dropped the tire off at my dealer today to see if they can remove tire from rim and check it out. [Hope they have the right equipment for that type of rim] Just 350 miles on car. I'll post when they call me with update. I posted this because some other people have mentioned strange clicking or ticking from their cars, just something else to think about.

I thought I was hearing things, but was not sure. When just getting going there was an intermitent clunk or tick I could hear. Anyway this weekend I was able to install the EVO LCA's - all went well with that. When I removed the left rear wheel and rolled it away from the car I heard something rolling and rattling in the tire. The other wheel did not do it. I'm assumeing it has something to do with the Tire Pressure Sensor being loose. I dropped the tire off at my dealer today to see if they can remove tire from rim and check it out. [Hope they have the right equipment for that type of rim] Just 350 miles on car. I'll post when they call me with update. I posted this because some other people have mentioned strange clicking or ticking from their cars, just something else to think about.

Thanks for posting...this is what makes this site great....we get zoned in on issues that repeat on multiple cars (although this is the first I've heard of this particular issue).

AD

Okay, here is the update.... the Tire Pressure Sensor mounting hardware failed, so it was rolling around in the tire. I have not seen the parts yet, so the only description I have is the service guys said it is rubber coated and did not mar the finsih on the inside of the rim.

I hope this will help others if they notice a strange noise when the car is just rolling very slowly.

Okay, here is the update.... the Tire Pressure Sensor mounting hardware failed, so it was rolling around in the tire. I have not seen the parts yet, so the only description I have is the service guys said it is rubber coated and did not mar the finsih on the inside of the rim.

I hope this will help others if they notice a strange noise when the car is just rolling very slowly.

ANOTHER UPDATE---now the story gets better---I just went down to the dealer to look at the tire before it was put back together. the part is actually about 1" x 2 1/2" x ~3/8" thick, hard plastic. It is supposed to have a metal band clamp to hold it in place on the rim. As it turns out some 'Duct Tape Jockey' at the wheel assembly line did not have a band for whatever reason and used 'Duct Tape' to hold the sensor on. What a ding dong. Oh well, sofar no harm done..... and because I know it's coming....'To bad they did not use the 200 mph stuff'....hahaha

ANOTHER UPDATE---now the story gets better---I just went down to the dealer to look at the tire before it was put back together. the part is actually about 1" x 2 1/2" x ~3/8" thick, hard plastic. It is supposed to have a metal band clamp to hold it in place on the rim. As it turns out some 'Duct Tape Jockey' at the wheel assembly line did not have a band for whatever reason and used 'Duct Tape' to hold the sensor on. What a ding dong.

At Ford, "Quality is Job 1"

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Archived