TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone know which muffler comes on the SGT??

chuckstang

I saw a Shelby GT the other day and noticed that the muffler tips do not look like any of the Borla/FRPP mufflers seen on the GT500s. I thought the SGT uses the Borla/FRPP muffler?

I really liked the look of the tips, they seemed to be a more thin rolled tip vs the Borlas very common around here. They looked sorta like the Corsas.

Just curious because I would not mind those puppies on my car :D

FRPP M-5230-GTA

According to this (with photo of a SGT):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5192&rd=1,1

Supreme Performance offers high quality exhaust systems and is the direct manufacturer for Ford Racing's M-5230-GTA OEM Shelby Exhaust. All components are made from stainless steel and are guaranteed to fit to original hanger points, not universal hangers. This axle-back is the original equipment exhaust used on the 2007 Shelby GT. Great price, quality and sound!

Features

- All stainless steel construction

- Smooth mellow tone

- O.E. style construction

- 4" double-walled polished stainless steel tips

FRPP M-5230-GTA

According to this (with photo of a SGT):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5192&rd=1,1

Supreme Performance offers high quality exhaust systems and is the direct manufacturer for Ford Racing's M-5230-GTA OEM Shelby Exhaust. All components are made from stainless steel and are guaranteed to fit to original hanger points, not universal hangers. This axle-back is the original equipment exhaust used on the 2007 Shelby GT. Great price, quality and sound!

Features

- All stainless steel construction

- Smooth mellow tone

- O.E. style construction

- 4" double-walled polished stainless steel tips

Been on the fence waiting to get my axel backs, this is a deal. I did not want the louder frp these should be very nice thanks for the posting Hans :shift:

thx alot

So does anyone have these mufflers on their GT500??

I know they sound and look great on the SGT but what about the GT500?

I have read some articles crying for owners to not purchase exhaust parts unless they were designed specifically for the GT500.

yep, I got em' no drone , throatier than stock,but not as loud as Borlas..

Ok I got them yesterday took three days to ship. Love the stainless tips and they do sound mellow, no drone that i can tell, a bit louder that stock, which is what i was looking for. But Borlas they are not and that Borla serial number they use 300566/M-5230-GTA color red is a Borla itiem number, but these are not Borla just wanted to get this straight to you guys. My mechanic thought that they were Walker muffer with the staniless tips welded on them, also the muffler it self is not stainless. So they are on my car for now and I'll use them because it does sorta sound like the Borla i had herd in person. Beware of a low price, this is a clone of the Borla brand. Hans :cold:

Ok I got them yesterday took three days to ship. Love the stainless tips and they do sound mellow, no drone that i can tell, a bit louder that stock, which is what i was looking for. But Borlas they are not and that Borla serial number they use 300566/M-5230-GTA color red is a Borla itiem number, but these are not Borla just wanted to get this straight to you guys. My mechanic thought that they were Walker muffer with the staniless tips welded on them, also the muffler it self is not stainless. So they are on my car for now and I'll use them because it does sorta sound like the Borla i had herd in person. Beware of a low price, this is a clone of the Borla brand. Hans :cold:

The GTA mufflers (M5230GTA) are made by "Superior muffler". The other FRPP M5230's are the louder "Stinger" mufflers that are made by Borla. The price is good because they are not the T-304 stainless. Borla offers part #11750 (same basically as the FRPP M5230's = louder) and 11752 (more mellow street/touring muffler). Both Borla's, along with Corsa and the M5230's are T-304 stainless and thus the reason for the higher price. I went with the Borla 11752's and love the "slightly louder than stock" sound, yet aggressive when you get on it (with NO drone). However, they are same basic cost as the Corsa's and M5230's because of the T-304 stainless.

thx alot

So does anyone have these mufflers on their GT500??

I know they sound and look great on the SGT but what about the GT500?

I have read some articles crying for owners to not purchase exhaust parts unless they were designed specifically for the GT500.

I just got a set of these in the mail today (bought them on e-bay) and slapped them on my GT500.....

WOW! they have just the sound I was looking for (I have "Stainless Works" off-road pipes and off-road x-pipe) so my car is VERY LOUD but they toned down the decibles some and don't sound nearly as raspy as the FRPP's did on my car. I'm really happy with them and I'm going to keep them on it for now.

I took the FRPP Borla Stingers and put them on my wife's 07 GT/CS (5 speed) and the FRPP's sound really nice on her car (deep growl with absolutely no drone at all). They also sound great when you are rolling down a steep hill with your foot off the accelerator -

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Now I gotta sell the SLP loud mouths I bought since they were too loud for my wife's taste and sounded like sh*t on my car (since I don't have the cats right now)... brand new, 300 bucks (including shipping) if anybody wants them. (send me a pm).

Archived