TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Information -Team Shelby Bash March 5Th Thru March 8Th 2015

MMcGuirk

Curious guys, how's this Guide being sent ? E-Mail ? UPS ? Camel? Slow boat ?................. :tumbleweed:

As a fairly regular Bash attendee, we will have this in ample time. Once registration closes and they have the final count - all details such as poker run route, lunch stop etc, the survival guide put together and is emailed to everyone. That's how it has been done the last several events. As stated, looks like two weeks out is the target time-line for the volunteer staff. More than enough time I would think. I would think for general planning, the working itinerary posted should help preliminarily. All this said, I get your planning concern: "if you fail to plan - you plan to fail" is what we emergency workers say, but no worries and have patience. :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are working on all the 'moving details" of the event that will make this year fantasitc. I know some of you are anxious to get all the details will email you a link to the survival guide on Monday February 23. Special rates for Mandalay Bay hotel rooms ends tomorrow, for online reservations visit https://resweb.passkey.com/go/xshelb15

We are working on all the 'moving details" of the event that will make this year fantasitc. I know some of you are anxious to get all the details will email you a link to the survival guide on Monday February 23. Special rates for Mandalay Bay hotel rooms ends tomorrow, for online reservations visit https://resweb.passkey.com/go/xshelb15

We must be getting close. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody have any information about the track requirements such as helmets, gloves, etc. I really hate having to wait till the last minute to figure out if I need to buy a new helmet.

The link is from last years bash, Use it as a guideline, not gospel, as it could change this year.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/71580-shelby-50th-track-guidelines/?hl=%2Bdriving+%2Brequirements

Jim

does anybody have any information about the track requirements such as helmets, gloves, etc. I really hate having to wait till the last minute to figure out if I need to buy a new helmet.

TP,

Welcome aboard! You'll have a BLAST

The link is from last years bash, Use it as a guideline, not gospel, as it could change this year.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/71580-shelby-50th-track-guidelines/?hl=%2Bdriving+%2Brequirements

Jim

I knew it was around somewhere, just too lazy to search...thanx Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Take and drink lots of water.

Usually it is SA2005 or later helmet, pants and long sleeved shirt. Materials should be cotton or natural fibers. Synthetics will melt into your skin and the crystallize. Very painful to remove.

I wear nomex gloves-the skin on top of your hands is thin and fire burns right through it and then take out the tendons. Now your hands are useless when you need to escape from the fire.

Usually it is SA2005 or later helmet, pants and long sleeved shirt. Materials should be cotton or natural fibers. Synthetics will melt into your skin and the crystallize. Very painful to remove.

I wear nomex gloves-the skin on top of your hands is thin and fire burns right through it and then take out the tendons. Now your hands are useless when you need to escape from the fire.

Wish I was going to the Bash.

Three for you B17, thanks for your service and my freedom :salute:

;

b29.jpg

_KPS5929.jpg

_KPS5903-1.jpg

So as we're all hanging out having a great time Saturday night, already making the night short, remember that the clock changes this weekend on Saturday night. Probably up late Saturday night, and then loose an hour of sleep! Just a reminder!

So as we're all hanging out having a great time Saturday night, already making the night short, remember that the clock changes this weekend on Saturday night. Probably up late Saturday night, and then loose an hour of sleep! Just a reminder!

Good reminder.

Archived