TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Information -Team Shelby Bash March 5Th Thru March 8Th 2015

MMcGuirk

Last year I met everyone in PS. I trailered my car you may remember the Black F350 with the black in closed trailer. I was usually in the back of the pack and can say, from my view at the end of the pack, there was some speeding. It was not by the lead cars it was as stated; the cars that fell behind and wanted to catch up. Every time we left from a stop I watch as some cars were held up or stuck in slow traffic, then cut loose to catch up.

I held a constant 70 to 80mph as long as I wasn’t like others, stuck behind that same dam Winnebago which sucked because that driver had a few opportunities to pull over and let folks pass and IT didn’t. Never the less I managed to always pull in at the end of the pack while folks were still around their cars. Having watched some lagers not all, put the peddle to the metal; and thinking I was going to be left eaten dust trails; I was surprised to see that I was not left in the dust on my own far behind the pack.

If I was holding a consistent 70 to 80 mph and at times could not see the rest of the pack and still arrived in a timely manner then I have to believe that the main heard was traveling at a speed fairly consistent to mine.

The problem I had, which is most likely the same for others, was when I got stuck in traffic and fell behind I had to speed up as well to catch up and yes there was a time or two I hit 90+ to catching up, but Chit Happens! It was due to stop lights, traffic and that dam Winnebago. Terrorist sorry I met tourist (hope HLS isn't monitoring) vacationers and foreigners who were lost and confused or driving at incredible slow speeds that make you want to fall asleep at the wheel in between praying they will pull over for their photo shoot instead of FREAKING SLOWING TO A DOWN TO A CRAWL FOR IT!!!

Have said that.

Michael!

I hate to add to your already hectic and strenious scheduling and planning but seriously Michael!

WILL YOU PLEASE make sure the civilians stay off the road while we are in route. Please, they are an annoying nuance that only slows everyone down, creating that sense of frustration that can make anyone, even the most reserve of us panic justifying that hidden reason they been waiting for, to UNLEASH -- that long buried NEED FOR SPEED that pumps them up and makes them feel alive as they hear the sweet purring of the long sleeping engines that have been begging the to cut loose to un-whine.... it alive .... it lives.....

Just saying … if it’s at all possible….. Just a though.

PS Michael,

While Im on a roll, here is one last request

NO FREACKIN DUST STORMS this year!

I was cleaning sand out of every nook and then some..

Tell PS to get their Chit together!

Thxs have a great day! :) Hope to see you all in 2015!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Airline tickets - CHECK

Shipping to get car to Palm Springs to meet Crazy Alex and then drive to Gardena - CHECK

Request to be in the Fast Conga Line Group - CHECK

Hotel Reservations in LV - CHECK

Hotel info for Gardena - ?????? Any word on this, MM?

Thanks,

Pat

Airline tickets - CHECK

Shipping to get car to Palm Springs to meet Crazy Alex and then drive to Gardena - CHECK

Thanks,

Pat

What's the hotel in Vegas?

Airline tickets - CHECK

Thanks,

Pat

Well checked...

What's the hotel in Vegas?

Announcement will be soon

I attended last years vegas bash and i'm interested in attanding this years bash. Will be coming from St. Louis to vegas. Need infor for registration

There will be a special announcement thread with link when registration opens

We really enjoyed our stay at last years Bash at Southpoint,it was great value for money,easy to park and get into the hotel without a major trek and it was overall a great pick!

We will go back there again on future visits for sure!

I have to agree with you on this one, I like south point, easy access and parking without the crowding of the strip.

Also, did you get that suspension problem worked out? if you fixed it you could keep up with us faster guys! :peelout:

I have to agree with you on this one, I like south point, easy access and parking without the crowding of the strip.

Also, did you get that suspension problem worked out? if you fixed it you could keep up with us faster guys! :peelout:

You are so sad Jim,I just couldn't keep up with the mega powered GT500s!!!!! Lol!

Seriously though,it was certainly a huge pain on our drives with the driveshaft hitting underneath the car on the run and so on,every time it hit we just cringed!!!!!!

I had the complete suspension changed to all new Eibachs on all 4 corners (springs and shocks) so now it is just like new!

Now where is that Prius group now?!?!?! Lol!

Oh,and did I forget to mention that we met and hung around with some amazing people during our stay at Southpoint,but when the Bash ended we were booked into The Plazzioo but really felt that we should have stayed back at the SP!

Here is a quote from twobjshelbys signature "Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun". No Prius group regardless of how fast. :) Now have fun!

I guess this means the Prius group has officially been replaced with the "you don't have to go fast to have fun" group. As long as you have fun does it really matter?

Since the powers that be have included an actual track event at Spring Mountain I'm in after a short hiatus thru the era of 'parade style Bashes' ;) This will be #6 for me :cool:

AJ

Jim,

Are you the one who I gave my front splitter to for the run up to Vegas? If so, I'm not concerned about it. I do have plans of Trailering my 07 ShelbyGT out this year for the bash so I could pick it up then, of course unless you pawned it! LOL!

Last year I met everyone in PS. I trailered my car you may remember the Black F350 with the black in closed trailer. I was usually in the back of the pack and can say, from my view at the end of the pack, there was some speeding. It was not by the lead cars it was as stated; the cars that fell behind and wanted to catch up. Every time we left from a stop I watch as some cars were held up or stuck in slow traffic, then cut loose to catch up.

I held a constant 70 to 80mph as long as I wasnt like others, stuck behind that same dam Winnebago which sucked because that driver had a few opportunities to pull over and let folks pass and IT didnt. Never the less I managed to always pull in at the end of the pack while folks were still around their cars. Having watched some lagers not all, put the peddle to the metal; and thinking I was going to be left eaten dust trails; I was surprised to see that I was not left in the dust on my own far behind the pack.

If I was holding a consistent 70 to 80 mph and at times could not see the rest of the pack and still arrived in a timely manner then I have to believe that the main heard was traveling at a speed fairly consistent to mine.

The problem I had, which is most likely the same for others, was when I got stuck in traffic and fell behind I had to speed up as well to catch up and yes there was a time or two I hit 90+ to catching up, but Chit Happens! It was due to stop lights, traffic and that dam Winnebago. Terrorist sorry I met tourist (hope HLS isn't monitoring) vacationers and foreigners who were lost and confused or driving at incredible slow speeds that make you want to fall asleep at the wheel in between praying they will pull over for their photo shoot instead of FREAKING SLOWING TO A DOWN TO A CRAWL FOR IT!!!

Have said that.

Michael!

I hate to add to your already hectic and strenious scheduling and planning but seriously Michael!

WILL YOU PLEASE make sure the civilians stay off the road while we are in route. Please, they are an annoying nuance that only slows everyone down, creating that sense of frustration that can make anyone, even the most reserve of us panic justifying that hidden reason they been waiting for, to UNLEASH -- that long buried NEED FOR SPEED that pumps them up and makes them feel alive as they hear the sweet purring of the long sleeping engines that have been begging the to cut loose to un-whine.... it alive .... it lives.....

Just saying if its at all possible.. Just a though.

PS Michael,

Happy New Year, all you speed demons(me being one). I got in trouble with my wife for "ditching" her on the run but she did make a wrong turn. And she was in the GT500. I got to Vegas and she wasn't there yet! Oops! She did lead a pack on some serious spirited driving for a while.

Happy New Year, all you speed demons(me being one). I got in trouble with my wife for "ditching" her on the run but she did make a wrong turn. And she was in the GT500. I got to Vegas and she wasn't there yet! Oops! She did lead a pack on some serious spirited driving for a while. We will be hopefully driving out with the car in the trailer from FL this year. Looking forward to it and to meet up with everyone. It would be great if some of us in the Southeast Region Team could organize a Team Shelby Bash for all the ones who can't make the cross country trek. Maybe we will all see something for FL in November, perhaps with the Carlilse Events crew in Lakeland, FL.

Jim,

Are you the one who I gave my front splitter to for the run up to Vegas? If so, I'm not concerned about it. I do have plans of Trailering my 07 ShelbyGT out this year for the bash so I could pick it up then, of course unless you pawned it! LOL!

I held a constant 70 to 80mph as long as I wasnt like others, stuck behind that same dam Winnebago which sucked because that driver had a few opportunities to pull over and let folks pass and IT didnt. Never the less I managed to always pull in at the end of the pack while folks were still around their cars. Having watched some lagers not all, put the peddle to the metal; and thinking I was going to be left eaten dust trails; I was surprised to see that I was not left in the dust on my own far behind the pack.

Have said that.

Michael!

Just saying if its at all possible.. Just a though.

PS Michael,

Yes I still have it all though I was seriously concerding donating it..... What happened.. you never called...... If there is a truck/ trailer headed out there it will be on it.

Not sure if we can make it this year, we are expexting our first grandchild this April. So if any one from the central valley area is trailering their car or driving a truck and can transport a part to the Bash please contact silversurfer or myself.

Thank you

LAS VEGAS – Jan. 7, 2015 – Team Shelby and Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., have planned to make its 8th Annual Shelby Bash the ultimate performance event in 2015 with celebrities and activities in Gardena, Calif., and Las Vegas. From March 5-8, Shelby will honor the 50th anniversary of its 427 Shelby Cobra, Ford Shelby GT350 and FIA World Championship.

“Our goal is to make this year’s Shelby Bash the best in its eight year history as we celebrate such monumental anniversaries,” said Tracey Smith, Team Shelby National Director. “Carroll Shelby’s vision for Team Shelby was to create a community where people could enjoy their cars together the way he and Shelby American intended. We’ll continue to foster this comradery at the Shelby Bash as we honor the heritage and move forward with new high performance vehicles and programs.”

The Bash will begin on March 5 with a “Snake Pitt Gathering” in Gardena, followed by the Kick-Off Run to Las Vegas on the 6th with a World Championship party at Shelby American’s Heritage Center upon arrival. Saturday and Sunday will be filled with track opportunities in Shelby’s, car shows, poker runs and special exhibits. Activities will be at the Mandalay Bay Resort, Shelby American’s Las Vegas facility and the Spring Mountain Ranch track.

The event will also include road racing, parties, a rally and factory tours. Attendees will be invited to listen to speakers from Ford Motor Company and Shelby American, as well as luminaries such as Bob Bondurant, Allen Grant, Peter Brock, John Morton, Charlie Agapiou, Ted Sutton, Rick Titus and Chuck Cantwell, who was instrumental in the design and production of 1960 era Shelby cars.

The first Team Shelby Bash in 2008 was a celebration of Mr. Shelby’s 85th birthday. Since then, this annual event has grown in scope and popularity.

“This is a wonderful opportunity for enthusiasts to enjoy a weekend with some of the most prominent names in the automobile industry,” said Smith. “We’re packing these three days with spectacular activities. From track events to parties, this Bash will be unforgettable. This is an opportunity to enjoy some fun, Shelby Style!”

Carroll Shelby founded Team Shelby in 2008 to give everyone the opportunity to live the same high octane lifestyle that he enjoyed. Ownership of a Shelby vehicle is not required, only an enthusiasm for the brand and ‘living large.” With eight regions in the United States and chapters overseas, the officially sanctioned club provides a number of key benefits including:

• Exclusive access to “Members Only” areas of the club web site (www.teamshelby.com)

• Official Team Shelby Membership Kit (T-shirt, hat, travel mug, club sticker, lanyard, pen and more)

• First news on all Shelby products and vehicles

• Invitations to special events

• Annual Shelby publication

• Monthly discounts on Shelby products

Registration for the Shelby Bash will open on January 16, 2015, on teamshelby.com. Updates will be released on the website as they become available. Space is limited to the first 200 registrants.

Archived