TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend Pits Camaro 1Le Vs Mustang With Performance Pack, Surprises Ensue

ilmor

Yup. That is pretty evident. Ford should definitely address for the 2016 car and resolve for their track pack. If they are going to make a car with a track pack, it should not be more set up for the street IMO. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I agree if it's a track pack car set it up as so don't take a street setup car to a track with a track setup car it's not an apples to apples comparison....myself personally would rather the street setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the 2 second diff on a track don't mean much to me but that Mustang is just plain out Fugly!!...the line from the rear of the door forward is to darn flat like a board then it drops right at the front

to a bulbus nose in short the car looks odd period!!....the side view sucks and from the front sucks the rear is nice. JMO

I agree the front looks like it belongs to another car. The fast back design and the c piller design screams

Honda .

But then again if the Honda coupe had 435 hp v8 that would be something .

Guest markham51

Like 99pct of drivers, I drive my Mustangs on the street.

A little float here and there usually means less crashing around on city streets and highways.

Every purpose built car is a compromise in some way.

The 2015 Mustang looks WAY better than the Camaro inside and out and Ford hasn't even released a model with an appearance package yet!

My wife has a 2013 SS Convert and I don't like driving it at all. It looks ok. Last year she didn't even bother licensing it. The only mileage it got was moving it out if the way to get at the Mustangs.

Mustangs forever...

My daily driver is a 13 SS auto paddle shift and I like it. I like the chopped top look and silver really makes the curves pop. Seat of the pants it feels as strong as my 10 GT 500. Let's face it GM has kept Ford on it's toes and we all benefit from it.

Back a few years ago Cadillac invited a few of us out to Road Atlanta to drive the CTS -V @ over 140 mph on the back straight and I got hooked on GM products for sure. That was smart advertising on GM's part . At the time I never ever would step foot into a GM dealership. I have owned several of their products since that time.

The new Z/28 is one hell of a used car down the road.

I agree the front looks like it belongs to another car. The fast back design and the c piller design screams

Honda .

Out of every comment I've seen on TeamShelby regarding the 2015 Mustang, I disagree with this one the most. And, I am taking into consideration the Fusion comments when I say this. I'm not attacking or anything, I'm simply saying I can't disagree more.

Out of every comment I've seen on TeamShelby regarding the 2015 Mustang, I disagree with this one the most. And, I am taking into consideration the Fusion comments when I say this. I'm not attacking or anything, I'm simply saying I can't disagree more.

I agree with you Helix. A lot of people making irrational statements about the new Mustang. I have never seen any Mustang that looks Japanese. In fact, after seeing a 50th Anniversary 2015 Mustang in person last weekend I am very impressed. Maybe pictures don't do it justice, but in person it does NOT look like a Fusion. It looks bad ass... SVT has a wonderful platform to work from.

Archived