TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension Upgrades Drag And Street Need Advise

CobraCon

I have a 2012 Gt500 SVT, This is my first Shelby and need advise from those of you who have been there and done that. I was thinking of getting a tuner, pulley. air filter kit . After taking the car to the track I began thinking I needed a suspension upgrade and drag radials ,What suspension upgrades and tires could y'all recommend . I like to go to the track at least twice a month but still want a decent ride quality on the street. I do plan on adding the tuner, air filter and pulley next year. Can any one make suggestions on a good suspension setup and drag/street radials ?

Good choice looking at suspension first. I track once or twice per year and you will notice a big difference in upgraded suspension. Our cars have tons of horsepower, but the weakness is keeping the wheels on the ground.

Lower Control Arms - Helps with wheel hop

Upper Control Arm and bracket - Eliminated wheel hop (major improvement...BMR spherical arm and bracket is an excellent piece) - http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85230-bmr-spherical-uca-install/?do=findComment&comment=1543107

Upgrade sway bar bushings or install after market sway bar kit - Helps with front end articulation & minimizes understeer - http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83823-poly-bushing-sway-bars-worth-it/?p=1511996

Performance shocks\struts (adjustable or fixed) - adjustable are nice to tune for street and track

Tires - Getting a set of sticky tires will make a huge improvement, especially on track

I called Mickey Thompson they said the drag radials in the link above is for automatic applications only. And the only thing i could do is to go with a smaller wheel. I suspect that Netto would say the same. I have seen other people with 20' wheels put these on there cars and say good things. But if you ask the manufactures they say no way . What size wheels did you pick up ?

I called Mickey Thompson they said the drag radials in the link above is for automatic applications only. And the only thing i could do is to go with a smaller wheel. I suspect that Netto would say the same. I have seen other people with 20' wheels put these on there cars and say good things. But if you ask the manufactures they say no way . What size wheels did you pick up ?

I have 305-40-18 on my stock wheels. Fit good and great traction improvement. I also have BMR LCA and UCA and lowering spring.

Don't forget when ordering your wheels if you are going to do a race night swap you account for the backspacing (It's about 5.75" - 6"). If you go with a 15x10 wheel, you'll need the sway bar relocation kit. It's about $40 and requires you to cut into current bracket.

Thanks Cobra 1818 I decided to order this suspension upgrade from Griggs Racing . Im looking at new wheels but not really seeing anything I really like . Some one was telling me they can send my wheels off and have the width changed so I can keep my factory wheels . I have not looked into this yet so im unsure if this was BS or not.

Archived