TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby American Forged Wheel - Coming October 27, 2014!

CaitlinC

I think the Ferrari comment is interesting.

Are we now comparing Mustangs to a Ferrari?

That's the point... people with crazy money buy Ferraris not Mustangs generally speaking, but you're right... for the price maybe Shelby is looking to Ferrari-type clientele?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Ferrari comment is interesting.

Are we now comparing Mustangs to a Ferrari?

No, we're comparing Mustang WHEELS to a Ferrari.

Phill

Sorry I got everyone going here.

Its hard to convey my thoughts and their meaning over a key board.

I respectfully bow out of this discussion and apologize to anyone I offended along the way.

Sincerely,

Mike

No, 07SGT2899 is comparing Mustang WHEELS to a Ferrari.....................

Good point.

But I didn't want to get accused of making a personal attack again. Hence, the "we"...

Phill

These are very high quality American made Weld/Shelby wheels.

BUT, does Weld produce a Wheel that costs $1,000.00 or more each for a Daily Driver Car other than these? I don't remember seeing any in their Catalog.

BUT, does Weld produce a Wheel that costs $1,000.00 or more each for a Daily Driver Car other than these? I don't remember seeing any in their Catalog.

Weld sells a wheel that's looks very very similar to the Shelby wheel for $1,550. So I guess the Shelby wheel is a deal. lol

Edit

Once again Shelby slaps their name on someone else's product and calls it good.

Doesn't true forged make a forged one piece wheel? I know there chicane wheels run about $2800.00 for the GT500 and its a hell of a lot better looking wheel plus you have way more finishes to choose from. And as much as I like them I still can't afford them .

So it's looking like the 20"x 9.5" will be selling for $1,150 and the 10.5" selling for $1,250. On the Shelby ebay site they are selling a set for $4,950 buy it now price. Which comes out to $1,237 per wheel.

I thought the price differed from style to style with the lowest price @ $1,150 per wheel. Am I mistaken or just 50% wrong?

Phill

So it's looking like the 20"x 9.5" will be selling for $1,150 and the 10.5" selling for $1,250. On the Shelby ebay site they are selling a set for $4,950 buy it now price. Which comes out to $1,237 per wheel.

With free shipping. How much is shipping on the SPP site?

I thought the price differed from style to style with the lowest price @ $1,150 per wheel. Am I mistaken or just 50% wrong?

Phill

Well I did see on SPP that the 9.5" wheels are $1,150 per and the 10.5" is $1,250 per wheel. Now I didn't see if the price varies from like black or polished wheels. So I think the price only differs on the size of the wheels.

With free shipping. How much is shipping on the SPP site?

Yea that's true. I don't know how much the shipping could be. Right now it's only pre-order with 50% deposit required. You can imagine how much the shipping would probably be.

<p>

Looks like it is...

• P/N Size Backspace (in) Offset (mm) RMOI (lbs*sq.in.) Weight w/ Caps (lbs) Price for Black Price for Polished Price for Black Machined Face AF9.5.2014 20"x 9.5" 6.778 [+] 40 1715 28.1 $1,150.00 $1,150.00 $1,150.00 AF10.5.2014 20" x 10.5" 7.671 [+] 50 1782 28.4 $1,250.00 $1,250.00 $1,250.0
Thank you.

Looks like the offset and backspacing are correct on these.

Sorry I got everyone going here.

Its hard to convey my thoughts and their meaning over a key board.

I respectfully bow out of this discussion and apologize to anyone I offended along the way.

Sincerely,

07SGT2899, you have every right to say how you see things as long as there is no direct or personal attacks on people here,but as we can all see not everybody will see or agree with yours or other people's veiwpoints,that's what keeps us fluid!!!! Keep posting !!!!!

[quote name="svtkeith" post="1573118" timestamp="1414442465"

These wheels don't even come close to the Alcoa's in the looks dpt IMO.

Svtkeith,I totally agree with you,the Alcoas still rock in every way for style and incredible looks.

With the looks and price of the new Venice wheel,I believe the Alcoas will become even more iconic!

I am OK with the looks of these rims. They are similar to the Alcoas to me. If I had a set of Alcoas and Venices in front of me, same money, I would take the Venice due to the extra width and offset. Other opinions vary, to each their own.

I would buy a set if it wasn't for the cost. I just can't justify $5K for rims.

As I recall, the last Alcoas were $600. That was a few years ago and they were 20x9 left-overs discovered in a warehouse. I was hoping Shelby would charge $800 for these. I am guessing the price structure came from NIB Alcoas selling for around $4K = about $1K per rim. The Venice is a slightly wider version with a better offset. So they bumped the going rate of the Alcoas slightly and that is how the price was determined.

Tom

The ALCOAs looked better. And they're calling these lightweight at 28.x pounds per. I have a set of 19" el-cheapos at 21.x pounds per. I know these are forged and 20-inchers, but at $1200+ per wheel, I want to see some weights WELL UNDER 20 pounds per wheel! And I'm talking like 15 pounds for that price. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Carroll all about lightweight performance? Why 20" wheels? When will this "bling" and "dubbed out" fad end so performance enthusiasts can buy non-cartoonish looking wheels again??

Lightweight wheels (and tires) make a huge difference you can feel. I know this is going to seem crazy, but with the reduction of nearly 60 pounds of rotating mass (the stock wheels were 35 pounds per), my car "feels" like it's about 200 - 300 pounds lighter with regards to acceleration. No lie or exaggeration.

Price check, aisle one!

On the Shelby Store site:

Pre-Order

Retail Price: $575.00

Product Code: AF2014-PRE

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AF2014-PRE

?????? Is there a half price pre-order sale?

Archived