TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby American Forged Wheel - Coming October 27, 2014!

CaitlinC

I had to walk out to the garage and check. All my Alcoas say MADE IN USA. Alcoa is THE name when it comes to aluminum. They would not produce an inferior product. If the raw material was sourced from Russia so be it. Shelby produces nothing but puts their name on everything imaginable as do a lot of others in the same business. The majority of the extras that I've purchased through SPP are made in China. Even my FRPP TVS was Australian made. I'm hoping someone just has to have the new SPP/Weld wheels and that I can pick up some spare Alcoas for a deal. It'll be interesting to see how fast the first run sells out.

Edited by 08KR525

I had to walk out to the garage and check. All my Alcoas say MADE IN USA. Alcoa is THE name when it comes to aluminum. They would not produce an inferior product. If the raw material was sourced from Russia so be it. Shelby produces nothing but puts their name on everything imaginable as do a lot of others in the same business. The majority of the extras that I've purchased through SPP are made in China. Even my FRPP TVS was Australian made. I'm hoping someone just has to have the new SPP/Weld wheels and that I can pick up some spare Alcoas for a deal. It'll be interesting to see how fast the first run sells out.

I stand corrected on the Alcoas, thanks for checking. The forms did come from Russia. One significant change vs. the past is that most parts are designed in house now. And we are partnering up with US suppliers whenever we can.

AJ

I stand corrected on the Alcoas, thanks for checking. The forms did come from Russia. One significant change vs. the past is that most parts are designed in house now. And we are partnering up with US suppliers whenever we can.

AJ

I, for one, applaud you for that.........but please don't continue to price yourself out of reach of the vast majority of us

I had to walk out to the garage and check. All my Alcoas say MADE IN USA.

Yeah, thanks for checking. I was pretty sure ALL 8 of my Alcoa Dura-bright wheels (4-18" KR's and 4-20" SS's) said "MADE IN USA" on them.

Phill

I stand corrected on the Alcoas, thanks for checking.

Seriously? No, I mean....SERIOUSLY?

You come on here and make a statement like that without knowing...Or even CHECKING?

Thanks. That really tell me what you're made of.

Phill

Let`s hope it ain`t true.

Looks like it is...

• P/N Size Backspace (in) Offset (mm) RMOI (lbs*sq.in.) Weight w/ Caps (lbs) Price for Black Price for Polished Price for Black Machined Face AF9.5.2014 20"x 9.5" 6.778 [+] 40 1715 28.1 $1,150.00 $1,150.00 $1,150.00 AF10.5.2014 20" x 10.5" 7.671 [+] 50 1782 28.4 $1,250.00 $1,250.00 $1,250.0

$1150 for a wheel. That's not for me at all. There are much more great looking wheels out there around the price. Also, the looking of the wheel does not justify $$$. It just looks like those ordinary mid-end forged wheel. Also, these wheels doesn't have historical memorabilia as much as what Alcoa has. Like some one said above, it's just a wheel. No need to have so much philosophy in here my self.
But, the price of $1150........................................ just makes me :lurk:

Edited by HGT500H

i seen the wheels in an e-mail sent to me and not sure about the design as not a fan of the 5 star type anymore and a little too open but the Black wheel looked good. The Silver one doesn't look good at all

You come on here and make a statement like that without knowing...Or even CHECKING?

I knew and I double checked. I was 50% wrong. The lathe forms were manufactured by Alcoa in Russia, and the wheels were finished here in the US. I hope that clears it.

AJ

Phill

Phil,

I was going to send you a personal message, but I don't have an email address for you, so I put it here:

First, you have no idea what I'm made of. Please refrain from making personal comments about my persona in a public forum, since you don't know me personally.

I could have easily hidden my tracks once I discovered I made an incorrect statement. But I chose to man up, and publicly admit my mistake instead, because that was the right thing to do.

Next time you have a personal issue to discuss with me, feel free to call me direct at 702-405-3500 ext 143.

Now, I'm done with this and moving on.

AJ

Phil,

I was going to send you a personal message, but I don't have an email address for you, so I put it here:

First, you have no idea what I'm made of. Please refrain from making personal comments about my persona in a public forum, since you don't know me personally.

I could have easily hidden my tracks once I discovered I made an incorrect statement. But I chose to man up, and publicly admit my mistake instead, because that was the right thing to do.

Next time you have a personal issue to discuss with me, feel free to call me direct at 702-405-3500 ext 143.

Now, I'm done with this and moving on.

AJ

Seriously? No, I mean....SERIOUSLY?

Phill

Phill

To err is human, to forgive is divine......

That being said, personal attacks by you or anyone else on this forum will not be tolerated. It violates the use policy that you have agreed to.

Understood?

Thank you

Michael

Most of the OEM and the low price aftermarket wheels are made overseas, mainly in China, where aluminum can be iffy. The aluminum coming out of Russia is pretty good actually, and Alcoa had very stringent quality standards. But the new Venice wheels are a class above the Alcoas both because of the superior quality materials and also because of the expert craftsmanship.

AJ

I purchased and cleared through Customs, 4 rims, Made in the USA.

adce42ac-3540-4dfc-9fdd-b2c3e7877a3f.jpg

Edited by kstrong

:lurk:

This thread has gotten better than a soap opera.

I thought Gary Patterson was taking the lead on Team Shelby?

"In his new role, Patterson will manage corporate communications and a broad range of strategic consumer initiatives and experiences. Leveraging his extensive background with Shelby, he will oversee a variety of programs that interact directly with enthusiasts and the media. Patterson will also play a key role in the oversight of Team Shelby for Shelby American. He will report to Mr. Conway and provide day-to-day support to Mr. Belair."

Is this a personal attack? :shrug:

I'm with Gator on this one......

Phill had a valid point, but I also feel like there are a bunch of guys that no matter what AJ does or says, will never be happy that Jer is gone.

Seems like some of the "angst" against AJ is pent up from the Jer situation? :shrug:

EDIT- it's time to move on from that whole scenario fellas. :cool:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Come on guys and gals, Shelby has not even released pricing on these wheels yet or any full pictures. Lets wait until the official release on the 27th before giving judgement on these wheels!! Seriously, a forged wheel, made in the USA does indeed cost considerably more than " rotary forged" or wheels said to be "Made in America", that truly are not. I myself, truly love the old Alcoa's, but am keeping my pallet open to see what the new ones bring.

As for cost and quality. I know most will not care, but I will give this for what's its worth. My 2013 Mercedes CLS 63 has the additional cost "forged" wheels that were an extra cost option. I paid extra for them when ordering the car, as I figured they would be better for resale when I sold them (did not like the way they looked). Average going price for them was $4500-6500 per set with tires on ebay, while the base AMG wheels are lucky to sell for $2K. I sold mine for $5500 shipped to NY. The HRE wheels I ended up having made for my car, cost me $6500. Call me crazy, but the original "forged" AMG wheels do say "Made in Taiwan" on the back which many of the OEM's have resorted to because of cost, and weigh 23/26 lbs each and are 19X9.5 front and 19X10 rear. My new HRE's that are really made in USA and really forged, are 20X10 front (18lbs) and 20X11.5 rear (20 lbs) and took 11 weeks to get!!

Seriously, lets wait until the 27th to give judgment. Wait to see them on cars.

Carry on.....

Alex

Come on guys and gals, Shelby has not even released pricing on these wheels yet or any full pictures. Lets wait until the official release on the 27th before giving judgement on these wheels!! Seriously, a forged wheel, made in the USA does indeed cost considerably more than " rotary forged" or wheels said to be "Made in America", that truly are not. I myself, truly love the old Alcoa's, but am keeping my pallet open to see what the new ones bring.

As for cost and quality. I know most will not care, but I will give this for what's its worth. My 2013 Mercedes CLS 63 has the additional cost "forged" wheels that were an extra cost option. I paid extra for them when ordering the car, as I figured they would be better for resale when I sold them (did not like the way they looked). Average going price for them was $4500-6500 per set with tires on ebay, while the base AMG wheels are lucky to sell for $2K. I sold mine for $5500 shipped to NY. The HRE wheels I ended up having made for my car, cost me $6500. Call me crazy, but the original "forged" AMG wheels do say "Made in Taiwan" on the back which many of the OEM's have resorted to because of cost, and weigh 23/26 lbs each and are 19X9.5 front and 19X10 rear. My new HRE's that are really made in USA and really forged, are 20X10 front (18lbs) and 20X11.5 rear (20 lbs) and took 11 weeks to get!!

Carry on.....

Alex

Full pic of the new wheel and even a pic of them on a GT500 on page one, first post.

Pricing and everything here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/86608-shelby-performance-parts-introduces-forged-aluminum-venice-wheel-for-2005-15-ford-mustang-and-shelby-cars/

Carry on.....

Alex

With all due respect...

Yes they did release pricing and pics...

We don't own AMG Mercedes.

And yes you're crazy.

But I still love ya man. :blush: