TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby American Forged Wheel - Coming October 27, 2014!

CaitlinC

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord man... I like the looks but there is NO WAY I would ever pay that kind of money for A wheel! I don't care how high of quality it is... From the response so far I'm guessing these will only go to those with more money than they know what to do with.

I completely agree with everyone.

I was hoping around $800/wheel.

These would be right at $5K delivered with TPMS. Then you would have to get tires and mounted.

Those CS1s or Black Mambas are looking better and better.

Tom

I hate to "pile on" here, as I am all about our beloved Shelby automobiles. But man oh man....how on earth can a car wheel cost that much to make????

It's not like it is even drop dead gorgeous like the Alcoas?

Although I admit my Black Mambas are not forged and are built in China, at $350 a copy they are a nice alternative.

The Alcoa wheels were made in Russia, hence the lower price point. This time around we chose to stay here in the US and work with a high tech American partner like WELD Racing.

Another bit of information: the Shelby exclusive parts on the upcoming Vegas built Shelby Mustang will be all Made in USA also.

AJ

LETS SEE EM ON A VEHICLE! All wheels look good till you mount them on a car.

In person these wheels look like jewelry. I'm partial to the polished ones, but the black with the machined accents will look fantastic on a white or red Mustang too! Caitlin and Jonathan will release some video of the wheels soon. We almost killed a couple of innocent GoPro cameras while doing burnouts!

AJ

Did not know the Alcoas were made in Russia... So our wheels are not USA made? That will be an extreme disappointment in Shelby American. :redcard:

Most of the OEM and the low price aftermarket wheels are made overseas, mainly in China, where aluminum can be iffy. The aluminum coming out of Russia is pretty good actually, and Alcoa had very stringent quality standards. But the new Venice wheels are a class above the Alcoas both because of the superior quality materials and also because of the expert craftsmanship.

AJ

Well, you can buy custom made Forgelines for that price, which are even 8 lbs lighter also. And why the 10.5 inch. Everybody complained about the Alcoa's not being 11 inch. And why still making 20 inchers. 18s or 19s are a better choice wheel wise. When you go track 20 inchers are not good.

Did not know the Alcoas were made in Russia... So our wheels are not USA made? That will be an extreme disappointment in Shelby American. :redcard:

A LOT of that Mustang is made in China...........think of it as a Worldly Car.

Most of the OEM and the low price aftermarket wheels are made overseas, mainly in China, where aluminum can be iffy. The aluminum coming out of Russia is pretty good actually, and Alcoa had very stringent quality standards. But the new Venice wheels are a class above the Alcoas both because of the superior quality materials and also because of the expert craftsmanship.

AJ

Where do the Blocks of Aluminum for the Wheels come from? Russia?

Archived