TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Harness Bar Help

Hey guys, I need some help. I am looking at purchasing the Shelby Harness bar on the shelbystore.com website and I was comparing that bar to the Corbeau harness bar on Americanmuslecom. My question is does the Shelby Harness bar need to holes drilled into the b piller. I saw in the reviews the key word drill and I got scared. The Corbeau bar utilizes the factory seat belt Torq50 bolt locations. I really want to get the Shelby bar but I need to know if it utilizes the holes of the original seat belts. I don't know if I am explaining right but if you look at the Corbeau bar under the installation tab, you will see what I mean.

Thank you for your time,

Francis

Also once the harness bar goes in and you put a 3-5 harness in, how do you make it so that your seatbelt alarm indicator on your dash and the seatbelt alarm indicator goes away. I don't want it dinging at me when I get in the car and dinging at me every 30 seconds while I am driving.

Thank you for your time

-Francis

Hey guys, I need some help. I am looking at purchasing the Shelby Harness bar on the shelbystore.com website and I was comparing that bar to the Corbeau harness bar on Americanmuslecom. My question is does the Shelby Harness bar need to holes drilled into the b piller. I saw in the reviews the key word drill and I got scared. The Corbeau bar utilizes the factory seat belt Torq50 bolt locations. I really want to get the Shelby bar but I need to know if it utilizes the holes of the original seat belts. I don't know if I am explaining right but if you look at the Corbeau bar under the installation tab, you will see what I mean.

Thank you for your time,

Francis

The Shelby bar is made by Corbeau. Same installation.

Jer

Thank you for your time,

Francis

Like Jer says, both are the same unit but the SPP offering has a nice Shelby billet machined logo attached to the cross bar.

Mine took some doing to get perfect but that's only because I'm super anal and wanted it P-E-R-F-E-C-T. It was really just a matter of bending the end tabs a little outwards to get the distance exact and would'a been a lot easier with a second person to help out.

Phill

Also once the harness bar goes in and you put a 3-5 harness in, how do you make it so that your seatbelt alarm indicator on your dash and the seatbelt alarm indicator goes away. I don't want it dinging at me when I get in the car and dinging at me every 30 seconds while I am driving.

Thank you for your time

-Francis

From what I understand, you just run the seatbelt behind the seat.

Mark

Archived