TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Nice Pic From The Track On Friday Night

Drove up from Tucson to Phoenix Firebird Raceway for one more night of track time before storing the car...

Was taking a break between runs and a very nice GT40 pulls up next to me and parks. Learned from the owner he was back for first time in a month... had to have a half-shaft repaired after last track visit. He seems serious about his racing as he had Drag radials on the rear, skinnies up front, a big new Whipple blower on the motor and headers to boot... His plate said "750HP"

Said he'd run in the 10s stock, before breaking the shaft... Was back to give it another go.

I managed 12 runs (for $17 total) during the night and this poor fella (rhetorically speaking...) managed to go only about 12 inches on his only attempt!!! He had a nice burn out, and promptly broke the Other half-shaft on launch... Have the video clip, I'll try to load it, but it's a short one ;o)

My best run of the night was 13.57 @ 108.89 w/ 2.22 60 ft. The heat here in AZ is killer and I'm still a novice driver... Got to improve reaction time and get some more traction to the track! Of my 12 runs was only bested by a AWD Mitsubishi EVO, and highly modified '03 Cobra. Took out a 350Z, BMW 5-something, a '06 Vette, several Mustang GTs and 5.0s. Should have taken more pictures, but was too busy hot-lapping my car! A great time!

Keith

P6013171.JPG

P6013178.JPG

P6013188.JPG

P6033195.JPG

P6013171.JPG

P6013178.JPG

P6013188.JPG

P6033195.JPG

its all about having fun at the track

practice your driving though....that car is a lot faster than that

i was at island dragway in nj a few weeks ago with my racecar, and there was a guy there with a black bone stock gt500 that went a best of 12.19....and the car only had 1500 miles on it.

as soon as i saw him make a pass i went to see what he'd done to the car.....the car was rock stock.

the guy had the car down though....his driving was flawless

Archived