TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Mustang G T At The Drag Strip

David  Hawkins 6722

A2015 Mustang GT with Automatic was taken to the Drag Strip and SCT was able to lay down a 12.86 at 107 MPH.

AND...... Woodbine Motorsports Dyno'ed an EcoBoost Mustang. Owner Joseph Jones (JJ) was impressed with the performance of the EcoBoost-equipped Mustang. “Our baseline run achieved 279 hp and 292 ft-lbs of torque

Edited by tesgt350

I wonder what a 2014 would have done at the same time, location, unbiased driver and tires?

Should be pretty close to equal for the 5.0 GT. The 2015 may have slightly more power, but in the 1/4 mile, there's a lot more bulk in the drivetrain to have to run the power through with the IRS. The drivetrain loss of power between the engine and the surface will be a bit greater on the 2015. I'm more interested to see if there really is any gains on the road course to the 2014.

Should be pretty close to equal for the 5.0 GT. The 2015 may have slightly more power, but in the 1/4 mile, there's a lot more bulk in the drivetrain to have to run the power through with the IRS. The drivetrain loss of power between the engine and the surface will be a bit greater on the 2015. I'm more interested to see if there really is any gains on the road course to the 2014.

Not to mention the fact that the 2015 is 100 lbs heavier than the 2014. I hope at some point we see a fair, unbiased road test comparison between the two.