TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vents On My Kr Are A Little Loose

Bruce49

How does one go about tightening them? Can't seem to get under there to do anything. Short of superglue (god help me if I miss...) how does one snug them up?

I assume you mean hood vents?

If so, both my 08 and 09 are slightly loose to the touch, but I've put 30k on my 08, and zero issues, so until they fly off, no worries mate

You mean the heat extractors. Mine are a bit loose as well, I believe that's just the way they are. My guess is that it has something to do with the way the hood expands when it heats up so if they're too tight that may cause an fitment/paint chipping issue?

That's my guess.

AK.

Mine are also loose and rattle when you wiggle 'em by hand. I don't notice them rattling while driving, though. Seems that SAI could have added a dab of silicone (or something) when they set 'em in place. Not sure how to remove 'em, or I'd add a dab of silicone myself.

Mine are also loose and rattle when you wiggle 'em by hand. I don't notice them rattling while driving, though. Seems that SAI could have added a dab of silicone (or something) when they set 'em in place. Not sure how to remove 'em, or I'd add a dab of silicone myself.

From what I understand they snap in place and the snaps usually break when trying to take them out.

Archived