TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Raptor Upgrade

My Raptor, I call him "Ralph", just got a big Whipple upgrade, almost 600 HP, thanks to HyperStangs.

I think I'm picking one up next week, which supercharger did you use as I was told on the Raptors one is much better than the other and don't want to say the 2 names.

Ralph huh? I think I'm going to call mine Therapy Session

I used the Whipple (the same as Shelby uses), it is mostly just a bolt-on conversion, with spark plugs and a newly programmed ECM. And don't fill your tank before, it takes premium after the conversion, ask me who I know….. ;)

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I used the Whipple (the same as Shelby uses), it is mostly just a bolt-on conversion, with spark plugs and a newly programmed ECM. And don't fill your tank before, it takes premium after the conversion, ask me who I know….. ;)

I talked to the Roush guys at the Mustang 50th in Las Vegas about their Roush Off-Road kit.

For just under $7500 you can get a complete kit and they will retune your PCM if you send it in to them (for $100). You can have a Roush Dealer install it for you if you aren't capable of doing it yourself but I found prices all over the place. Roush estimates 16 hours book time for installation but my dealer quoted me 24 hours (at ~$100 per hr.).

The Roush kit puts out more than the Shelby (Whipple) but not sure if you can get a more aggressive (i.e. non smog compliant) tune for the Shelby/Whipple or not. The Roush is smog legal from what I remember and just under 600HP.

The Roush also comes with the Cat-back exhaust, CAI, intercooler, etc. (COMPLETE). He also gives you 2 embroidered headrests and the Roush Off-Road decals for the bed.

I already know how that compares (pricewise) to Shelby, but how about home bred like you did?

TIA,

Phill

The Roush kit sounds much more extensive than my blower upgrade. Mine was just the blower, intake manifold, spark plugs, ECM, and inter-coolers/heat exchangers. Mine took over a week to get finished, as Whipple was slow sending everything and the kit was incomplete when it arrived. This is the first upgrade this dealer had done like this, so they were learning.

I like the Shelby and the Roush Raptor conversions but I see no need to have that version on my 4x4. I can build a better truck without the name and spend less money. Now the Mustang is different

Still in FL at the moment and my guys at Power By the Hour will handle upgrades