TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Both Shelby American Camber/caster Plates Have Failed

Julie Simons

Has anyone every heard of or experienced an issue with both Camber/Caster plates (Shelby aftermarket) failing? I took my 2012 Shelby GT500 in for an oil change at our local ford dealership and they pulled me back and said that as soon as they got the car on the lift both front tires dropped in a way that alarmed them, and it turns out that the weld on both plates between the plate and the housing have broken. They can move the tires up and down and back and forth significantly in all directions. I have not hit anything, so I don't know how this could have happened. I was just wondering if this is a known problem or if I just managed to do something brand new on my car. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Has anyone every heard of or experienced an issue with both Camber/Caster plates (Shelby aftermarket) failing? I took my 2012 Shelby GT500 in for an oil change at our local ford dealership and they pulled me back and said that as soon as they got the car on the lift both front tires dropped in a way that alarmed them, and it turns out that the weld on both plates between the plate and the housing have broken. They can move the tires up and down and back and forth significantly in all directions. I have not hit anything, so I don't know how this could have happened. I was just wondering if this is a known problem or if I just managed to do something brand new on my car. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

There is absolutely no reason, short of a front end collision, that they should have broken!

Contact SAI and/or Maximum motorsports who I believe makes them (they make the ones for the 07-09 anyway)

I contacted both Shelby and Maximum Motorsports, Maximum was the only one to get back to me, which was a little frustrating (since the camber caster plates were installed at Shelby American in Vegas), but fortunately Maximum as outstanding customer service and are shipping new ones out and the old ones will go back because it seems like there may have been an issue with this pair. No one has really ever heard of this happening, which is why I turned to you all to see if there was more to it. In this case it looks like something has failed on them that is very rare...Thank you all for your help and the suggestions to contact maximum, they were really great to deal with.

Archived