TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt500Kr Convertible?

ilmor

Wasted opportunity by Ford/SA (IMO). Several were built in 68 but they chose not to pursue in 08. . I am sure they would be very desirable today and offer a nice price premium over the standard unit.

I didn't think there were. A friend of mine, however, says he has a friend who has one! I must delve further into this story.....

I'll admit that I should have more strongly considered buying that red KR front clip with all the KR-specific brackets that sold for around $10k. I would have sent a red convertible to SAI for a true Shelby conversion build using those parts. The biggest problem for me is that I'm up north and don't necessarily want a convertible. Done right with Shelby's assistance, it would have been a badass build though...as close to authentic as possible had they ever actually made one.

Great idea, but I doubt SAI would have built you a clone using the KR parts.

AK

It's not exactly a clone since a vert KR was never made. It's more of a fantasy creation.

And you don't think SAI would accept money to put parts that were created by them onto a used car (especially now that exclusivity is no longer being respected by them)? How is that really different than a Super Snake conversion?

I doubt they would turn away that money.

I will 99.9999% guarantee you that SAI would not have done this with those salvaged parts.

It's not exactly a clone since a vert KR was never made. It's more of a fantasy creation.

And you don't think SAI would accept money to put parts that were created by them onto a used car (especially now that exclusivity is no longer being respected by them)? How is that really different than a Super Snake conversion?

I doubt they would turn away that money.

They turned away a guaranteed, "cash in hand" $45,000 deal because they wouldn't build a 2010 Kona Blue Super Snake with a white stripe.

Yet their 2010 Kona Blue Concept Super Snake sports a white stripe.

You still doubt they would turn away that money?

I have NO doubt they would. They already DID.

Phill

A clone of a factory prototype (a single car with a lot of value that would be negatively affected by having a duplicate) is one thing. Assembling parts onto a car to create something that never existed is something totally different.

I'm not sure what you're taking about.

In my case, it was a regular production car (2010 Super Snake) but I wanted to deviate from the "standard" black stripe and have a white stripe put on (from the factory) instead. They steadfastly refused ALL ideas (sell me a stripe delete car, I'd add double stripes, sell me a SS without touching the OE stripes and I'd add the stripes to the hood, sell me a SS with a WHITE thin-THICK-thin stripe).

My point is, they would not deviate from the Black thin-THICK-thin stripe at any cost.

Yet their 2010 Super Snake Concept car (not a Prototype) has a white thin-THICK-thin stripe on it.

It is currently for sale too.

Phill

I'm not sure what you're taking about.

In my case, it was a regular production car (2010 Super Snake) but I wanted to deviate from the "standard" black stripe and have a white stripe put on (from the factory) instead. They steadfastly refused ALL ideas (sell me a stripe delete car, I'd add double stripes, sell me a SS without touching the OE stripes and I'd add the stripes to the hood, sell me a SS with a WHITE thin-THICK-thin stripe).

My point is, they would not deviate from the Black thin-THICK-thin stripe at any cost.

Yet their 2010 Super Snake Concept car (not a Prototype) has a white thin-THICK-thin stripe on it.

It is currently for sale too.

Phill

You could have just taken off the black stripes after you picked it up and then added white stripes. I would guess that you could have had the stripes made at a good vinyl shop.

You could have just taken off the black stripes after you picked it up and then added white stripes. I would guess that you could have had the stripes made at a good vinyl shop.

And then it would have been "Owner Modified". Which is the point. I didn't want a owner modified "White Stripe" SS. I wanted a Shelby factory original white stripe SS.

Just like the Prototype they're selling.

Which they said they wouldn't make.

And they did.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived