TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Members: Rwr Motorsports Closed?

lbj

Hmmm, all phone numbers for RWR Motorsports have been disconnected, including Rob's cell.

Who are we all using at this point for repairs and tunes to our Shelbys?

I got a crunch sound in the rear and need a new expert.

Edited by lbj

Yea, there was something where a business partner sold out to another and things went south. They fired Rob and closed shop all in one day a couple weeks ago. Rob is tuning at a couple other shops right now until he gets his own business going again. I believe that he's at Dyno Pro and another shop further north. You can contact him at info@robwilliam ing.com

Building a new website at:

http://www.robwilliam ing.com/

Edited by JeffJ

Yea, there was something where a business partner sold out to another and things went south. They fired Rob and closed shop all in one day a couple weeks ago. Rob is tuning at a couple other shops right now until he gets his own business going again. I believe that he's at Dyno Pro and another shop further north. You can contact him at info@robwilliam ing.com

Building a new website at:

http://www.robwilliam ing.com/

There are two kinds of mergers. One is friendly, the other is to put the other guy out of business because he's a threat. This one sounds like the latter. Sigh.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The email at Rob's new site bounced back.

I had seen that site late afternoon yesterday.

Argh, I have some vibrations and a crunch sound in the rear and need somneone to look at it.

Looks like I am stuck until I find a shop to look at things.

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to get ahold of Rob and called him.

He told me he is planning on reopening a shop in the not too distant future.

That is good news and all I know at this point in time.

I was finally able to get ahold of Rob and called him.

He told me he is planning on reopening a shop in the not too distant future.

That is good news and all I know at this point in time.

Please pass on any new information you find.

I am waiting for Rob and the old owners can kiss my ass.

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

• 4 months later...

Rob has a small one horse shop in Arvada somewhere and told me last week he is just doing tunes presently.

He does have a dyno. He also said he has backers for a full servicwe shop in the future, but is evaluating what went wrong in the past before he reopens a new full service one.

He's a bit hard to get a hold of, but I do have a new phone number for him. If someone needs it, PM me. I don't have permission to post it on the internet currently.

I have a watts link problem right now that needs tending to, so I am going to try a local racing shop here in Fort Collins called SC Performance sometime in early March.

I saw their shop yesterday and talked with them, and they like seem they may be good.

Edited by lbj

Rob has a small one horse shop in Arvada somewhere and told me last week he is just doing tunes presently.

He does have a dyno. He also said he has backers for a full servicwe shop in the future, but is evaluating what went wrong in the past before he reopens a new full service one.

He's a bit hard to get a hold of, but I do have a new phone number for him. If someone needs it, PM me. I don't have permission to post it on the internet currently.

I have a watts link problem right now that needs tending to, so I am going to try a local racing shop here in Fort Collins called SC Performance sometime in early March.

I saw their shop yesterday and talked with them, and they like seem they may be good.

If you're looking for a place in Fort Collins I recommend Gary Lundstedt at Lundstedt Automotive. They rescued my Cobra. They have a large general automotive repair business along with the motorsports (with a dyno) and have their own race team in local competition.

There was a place on 1st St but I can't remember their name and they floundered with the digital fuel injection but seemed also to be a go to place for racing people. Also have a dyno.

I really need to get my tranny dropped, put in the new converter and drive shaft to get back over to Rob so we can get a clean tune on it. Glad he's closer to me now. Racing season starts soon!!! Too soon. I also need to finish getting the new engine set up in my daughter's Shelby Jr Dragster

120_0710_zpsdba0d033.jpg

I really need to get my tranny dropped, put in the new converter and drive shaft to get back over to Rob so we can get a clean tune on it. Glad he's closer to me now. Racing season starts soon!!! Too soon. I also need to finish getting the new engine set up in my daughter's Shelby Jr Dragster

120_0710_zpsdba0d033.jpg

You have lots of stools !

Yes, I currently have a TCI converter in it. It is complete junk. It's only good to about 450 hp. When on the dyno, even if you have the computer putting the converter in lock up, the hp burns right through and it will not lock up. This does not allow to get a really clean run on the dyno. Same when on the track. It's great for launches as the converter is much looser and launches at about 4000 rpm, but then when the power starts fading at higher speeds, the converter starts locking up and actually slowing the car down with surges. My last pass at Bandimere was a 12.70 at 96 mph. So completely messed up obviously. It actually started slowing down in 3rd and 4th gears. I had a custom billet converter built by RevMax that should be good to 850hp. So I need to get that in and the aluminum 1 piece drive shaft I bought to try and get another tune on it. It's fine on the street right now and runs great, but we know it has quite a bit more in it once we can get a good run.