TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Raptor Throwing Code

chriswh86

Hi all,

I am speaking on behalf of a family member who just took delivery of his shelby raptor. Due to border issues the american racing headers could not be installed on the truck before delivery. Anyways, a company did it for him. It has since thrown a code, We dont know what it is yet but I am wondering if there is a common issue with doing headers?

He couldnt have the truck dyno tuned due to a lock on the ECU? Is there a tune shelby usually puts into the ecu if they were to do the american racing headers at shelby?

Thanks for your time!

Chris,

Hi all,

I am speaking on behalf of a family member who just took delivery of his shelby raptor. Due to border issues the american racing headers could not be installed on the truck before delivery. Anyways, a company did it for him. It has since thrown a code, We dont know what it is yet but I am wondering if there is a common issue with doing headers?

He couldnt have the truck dyno tuned due to a lock on the ECU? Is there a tune shelby usually puts into the ecu if they were to do the american racing headers at shelby?

Thanks for your time!

Chris,

Yes the computer needs to be re-flashed after the install of headers. Since the headers were not installed by SAI I'm not sure how much assistance SAI can offer but if you would send me an email with your phone number and the owners last name I'll look into this for you. My email address is below.

Steve

Steve

Yes the computer needs to be re-flashed after the install of headers. Since the headers were not installed by SAI I'm not sure how much assistance SAI can offer but if you would send me an email with your phone number and the owners last name I'll look into this for you. My email address is below.

Steve

Steve

Seriously? If the guy spent the big bucks to have a Shelby Raptor then helping him to reflash it should be done... c'mon man

• 11 months later...

Chris,

You can contact Whipple for a tune. It has been my experience that they want the PCM flashed back to stock before they can make mods like that. The dealer can hook it up to the IDS and flash it to stock. Once it is stock, you can purchase a tune from Whipple or any other tune in a can company. Mike and Jeff are the guys to talk to at Whipple. You can reach them at 559-442-1261.

Chris,

You can contact Whipple for a tune. It has been my experience that they want the PCM flashed back to stock before they can make mods like that. The dealer can hook it up to the IDS and flash it to stock. Once it is stock, you can purchase a tune from Whipple or any other tune in a can company. Mike and Jeff are the guys to talk to at Whipple. You can reach them at 559-442-1261.

You do know that this topic is over a year old and the original poster has had only one post and hasn't been on line since that post.

Archived