TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Removal On 2008

cormy

Just concerned about pulling up paint along with it...

If that happens then Ford should come good for a repaint. Use a hair dryer or let the car sit in the hot sun. If you do use a hair dryer don`t get to close to the paint & keep moving it

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. Having a bad time getting these off. Started with one using a portable heater lightly, the problem is I cant get a long strip to come off, it brakes and I end up with tiny pieces which makes for a LONG removal time.

Tried 3m adhesive remover but it only works (somewhat) on the adhesive that's left over, doesn't seem to help with the removal of the strip itself. I have one side off and am laid up now due to shoulder surgery..

• 2 weeks later...

No one said it was easy. Decal removal is a pain. It took me days and my fingers hurt for weeks after stripping my old race car. Heat gun and goo-gone are your friend, although the 3M adhesive remover works pretty well too once the decal is gone. Won't help while trying to remove it though.

talonfisheye_zps5b41542b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Home depot sells a good heat gun. I removed the lower stripe on my 2008 Shelby and did the same on my 2005 Ford GT I sold in 2008.

I think the look is much cleaner with out the stripe.

I Then used Goo off to remove the adhesive. If you don't that then try denatured Alcohol but it might take longer.

I also use mineral spirts and sometimes that will work too. Good luck

post-43948-0-38617000-1416947082_thumb.png

Just an update. Having a bad time getting these off. Started with one using a portable heater lightly, the problem is I cant get a long strip to come off, it brakes and I end up with tiny pieces which makes for a LONG removal time.

Tried 3m adhesive remover but it only works (somewhat) on the adhesive that's left over, doesn't seem to help with the removal of the strip itself. I have one side off and am laid up now due to shoulder surgery..

Damn!!! I would tell ya to switch hands but then you would really be screwed!!!! They must be stuck pretty good if you messed up your shoulder pulling a stripe off.....

Archived