TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Does Shelby Have In Store For The 2015 S550 Mustang?

GaryF

I am looking forward to seeing what SA can do to upgrade the looks and performance of the 2015-16 Mustang, especially for the 2016 Ford GT350. I have had a chance to go over the car last March and even sit inside it. A lot better in appearance up close than in pictures. The pre-production show model(non-drivable) had Recaro seats like the Boss 302. The interior dash and console is really improved. I am looking forward to a test dive in a week or two at the local dealer who has one on the way, but not sure which engine.

I am looking forward to seeing what SA can do to upgrade the looks and performance of the 2015-16 Mustang, especially for the 2016 Ford GT350. I have had a chance to go over the car last March and even sit inside it. A lot better in appearance up close than in pictures. The pre-production show model(non-drivable) had Recaro seats like the Boss 302. The interior dash and console is really improved. I am looking forward to a test dive in a week or two at the local dealer who has one on the way, but not sure which engine.

Please give us the 411 after you do the test drive!

Will do. I really hope it is a 435 HP GT or at least the twin turbo four model. But it will probably be the six cyl. I doubt if I will be able to really get to give more than a dealer style short cruise around a few city blocks, rather than a more involved winding road to let loose with the IRS. But we shall see.

Hopefully the new Shelby has more power and less of the heavy fiberglass and hydro dipped parts.

No fiberglass and no hydro-dipped parts on our new '15 Mustang. Carbon fiber and billet aluminum parts developed in house.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

AJ - spent 45 minutes with Bill Neale last week and he said he would love to see a Terlingua version of the new Mustang. When I asked if he would be willing to discuss he said sure - but he also said he hadn't spoken with anyone at Shelby in a long time.

Now that would be interesting.

:lurk:

Archived