TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Does Shelby Have In Store For The 2015 S550 Mustang?

GaryF

Just thought I'd pass along the following article from Car and Driver re: 2015 Saleen Mustang 302 concept.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-saleen-mustang-302-specs-revealed-up-to-640-hp-still-no-real-pictures/

The side view on the yellow one looks pretty nice to me - particularly the way they are accenting the "B" pillar in the same color to better define the quarter window again. Don't like the way Ford redesigned that area. All it needs on the side is side scoops. Would like to see what the front and rear looks like too. The spoiler looks like a nice addition.

Unfortunately, the red one from the front looks too Camero-like.

What say you?

Hmm...I think Saleen should have spent a little more time at the design table. Saleen hasn't been at the forefront of mustang design in quite some time though, so there is that. I think as a brand historically, Saleen has done some great things, but I think Roush has stepped into the Saleen void, and filled it pretty well.

That said, the more players in the mustang market, the better for us. Everybody steps up their game when competition is strong.

New, Las Vegas built Shelby Mustang is in the works, we will release details at the appropriate time. I know a lot of you are curious to know more, but unfortunately we can't divulge any details right now.

AJ

WHY NOT! LOL Cannot wait to see what you guys are planning! In my opinion, I pick Shelby's designs over any other brand. Keep up the good work and keep the man "CS" up stairs smiling!

AJ don't wait too long, been a common complaint on the forum by members. Management should let us know if your planning another Shelby GT on the new platform. I would hope working on a quicker build turn around time would be a high priority on the list. Good luck with the next model and keep us posted for crying out loud........... GG

At the SCAT show in Dallas this year, two of us were conversing with a Shelby American VP and were told that there will be a Shelby out by the end of the year. He wouldn't get into details, but he did state that there will be a "Las Vegas" built Shelby by the end of the year.

At the SCAT show in Dallas this year, two of us were conversing with a Shelby American VP and were told that there will be a Shelby out by the end of the year. He wouldn't get into details, but he did state that there will be a "Las Vegas" built Shelby by the end of the year.

2014 or 2015?

Management should let us know if your planning another Shelby GT on the new platform. I would hope working on a quicker build turn around time would be a high priority on the list.

We are in development on a Las Vegas built '15 Shelby Mustang. Revamping the assembly line is part of the process so average build-times will be reduced, even for the current SuperSnakes and the Raptors.

AJ

I've said it before... the S550 platform will be awesome for the aftermarket world. The Roush looks excellent as well as Saleen. I'm certain the Shelby will be a home run as well. Really can't wait to see how these cars do on track with the IRS!

I think some of the designs shown here are awesome. What I don't understand is why anyone would suspect Shelby American would have nothing prepared for the 2015. In fact, if anything their timing seems to be pretty spot on. The 2015 isn't available yet, meanwhile Roush and Saleen revealed their designs. So far, what I see is the enemy gave Shelby their battle plan. If anyone out there is waiting to decide on a 2015 between Saleen, Roush, and Shelby I suspect it will be a very hard choice.

I think some of the designs shown here are awesome. What I don't understand is why anyone would suspect Shelby American would have nothing prepared for the 2015. In fact, if anything their timing seems to be pretty spot on. The 2015 isn't available yet, meanwhile Roush and Saleen revealed their designs. So far, what I see is the enemy gave Shelby their battle plan. If anyone out there is waiting to decide on a 2015 between Saleen, Roush, and Shelby I suspect it will be a very hard choice.

Helix, you are right on this one. There is no value in being first to market on an unproven design. Our goal is to give Shelby fans the best car possible, there is no prize to be the first to unveil.

AJ

Actually you can order a 2015 Mustang now and they are being built. I don't think anyone here suspects that Shelby would have nothing prepared; heck, if they didn't have something prepared they'd be crazy!

Actually you can order a 2015 Mustang now and they are being built. I don't think anyone here suspects that Shelby would have nothing prepared; heck, if they didn't have something prepared they'd be crazy!

What is not known are the base car requirements. It is possible that the Shelby makeover will require some base model. I wouldn't expect t that "just any 2015" will be able to be Shelbyized. I would wait for the Shelby announcement before ordering the base car. Also. You will likely be able to have your car dropped shipped to SAI and save shipping.

Patience will be rewarded

Helix, you are right on this one. There is no value in being first to market on an unproven design. Our goal is to give Shelby fans the best car possible, there is no prize to be the first to unveil.

AJ

I am sure you guys and gals will give us fans the best car possible, AJ. Shelby always has!

I see this being hard to beat 717 hp for $60,000 which includes the car. Only 500 to be built.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/2015-mustang-gt-hpe700.html

Edit. With a 3 year warranty. They are also coming out with a 2.3 ecoboost Hennessy.

Seems a little pricey to me. A base Mustang GT is $35k so Hennesey is charging $25,000 for a supercharger, exhaust and some badging?

If you read the fine print everything else is optional at additional $$$

Steve

That's one way to look at it. Since Shelby hasn't come out with their new car yet let's compare it to the 350. The base SC 350 package was $34,000. Basically a SC with 200 less hp some badging and a bunch of not so restrictive parts.

I'd go with the power and warranty over all the parts anyone with an eBay account can buy and for less money. Hopefully the new Shelby has more power and less of the heavy fiberglass and hydro dipped parts.

That's one way to look at it. Since Shelby hasn't come out with their new car yet let's compare it to the 350. The base SC 350 package was $34,000. Basically a SC with 200 less hp some badging and a bunch of not so restrictive parts.

I'd go with the power and warranty over all the parts anyone with an eBay account can buy and for less money. Hopefully the new Shelby has more power and less of the heavy fiberglass and hydro dipped parts.

Not going to disagree with that except point out that the resale value between a Shelby and a Hennessey is quite substantial.

Steve

I see this being hard to beat 717 hp for $60,000 which includes the car. Only 500 to be built.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/2015-mustang-gt-hpe700.html

Edit. With a 3 year warranty. They are also coming out with a 2.3 ecoboost Hennessy.

If you want a Hennessey get this one

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/venomgt.html

Not going to disagree with that except point out that the resale value between a Shelby and a Hennessey is quite substantial.

Steve

I will take your word on that. I have never really seen any for sale but then again I have never looked.

If you want a Hennessey get this one

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/venomgt.html

That's sweet.

My wife really likes VelociRaptor SUV they have. No way I am spending $150,000 for it though.

I was really surprised by all the vehicles they upgrade. I just thought they only did vipers and corvettes.

Well, whatever happens, this new 'stang needs some better looks - so hopefully Shelby will come through with something great! I really wish Ford hadn't put those wrap around headlights on that practically go halfway down the fenders - like everyone else is doing! Also not real fond of the droopy looking longer hood. :shrug: On the plus side, interior is pretty nice from what I've seen in photos.

Archived