TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cragar Wheels For Sale On Ebay- By Shelby

:drop:

This ain't my first rodeo fellars. Yes.....no clips. Long gone.

Just teasing...not trying to be a d**khead. Thanks for the thought though, I did ask.

If your tires are directional you have to make sure the rotation arrows are pointing in the right direction. Right side tires can only be installed on the right side, and left side tires can only be installed on the left side !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris.....

I'm hoping to get them all balanced on a Road Force Balancer one day this week. This checks for runout on both the wheel or the tire. Supposedly it compensates for it, and then balances accordingly.

If this doesn't work.....I figure I can dump one a week till they're all gone in my garbage cans. The city won't take em unless they're in a can. :shrug:

Thanks Chris.....

I'm hoping to get them all balanced on a Road Force Balancer one day this week. This checks for runout on both the wheel or the tire. Supposedly it compensates for it, and then balances accordingly.

If this doesn't work.....I figure I can dump one a week till they're all gone in my garbage cans. The city won't take em unless they're in a can. :shrug:

You do realize I was just being a smart*** don't you. At least take them for scrap aluminum.

I just recently acquired a 2011 Shelby GT350 :clapping::shift: as never should have passed on it when they were available and would like to acquire one of these GT350 Cragar wheels as a spare and is anyone still selling them?

I just recently acquired a 2011 Shelby GT350 :clapping::shift: as never should have passed on it when they were available and would like to acquire one of these GT350 Cragar wheels as a spare and is anyone still selling them?

SA has 'em for $199 a piece

Check Ebay.

Thanks Chris.....

I`ll send you 4 garbage cans to dump them in with a return address on them. :)

Wheels and tires are now OFF and going on Craig's list.

Did you ever try the hub centric rings or is it just that you can't get them balanced right. My friend has had no issues with them on his GT350. I wonder if it could be the tires or the staggered setup? I have yet to buy the tires for my set so I am just trying to see what is the best way to go.

GT

I have had them balanced three times. Though not with a Road Force Balancer. The only one of those I found locally is at Mercedes stealer and they want $225 a set. Folking ridiculous.

As for hub centric rings, Chris at Shelby Perf Parts says they are not required and he's right....the center bore is correct for even my '08.

It has to be tires or an outta round wheel. He said if I needed another rim, they'd replace it. Frankly, I'm done screwing with it. This is unfortunately how I roll...ZERO patience for this kinda shyt. The stockers are back on, and looking :cool:

:shrug:

I have had them balanced three times. Though not with a Road Force Balancer. The only one of those I found locally is at Mercedes stealer and they want $225 a set. Folking ridiculous.

As for hub centric rings, Chris at Shelby Perf Parts says they are not required and he's right....the center bore is correct for even my '08.

It has to be tires or an outta round wheel. He said if I needed another rim, they'd replace it. Frankly, I'm done screwing with it. This is unfortunately how I roll...ZERO patience for this kinda shyt. The stockers are back on, and looking :cool:

:shrug:

But they looked so good on your car. What make were the tires?

• 2 weeks later...

Any good rim place with a high speed balancer would be able to tell you if any issue with the new rims so if they didn't say anything then the rims are not the issue. Is it all the wheels or just 1 or 2? Are you sure its the correct offset because if not this will F. with your ride. Have you had all your hubs checked or checked the bearings?

Should have stayed with the Alcona's... :whistling::whistling:

I don't miss em Jimbo....that low pro tire road like a hay wagon.

I'm really enjoying the 18's again! :rockon:

Just returned from a day at the Jersey shore (to run the boardwalk)..... She rides like new again!

I don't miss em Jimbo....that low pro tire road like a hay wagon.

I'm really enjoying the 18's again! :rockon:

Just returned from a day at the Jersey shore (to run the boardwalk)..... She rides like new again!

I love the way mine rides...to each his own...

Finally put these on. The offset is different from the 302S wheels and puts them out slightly further. I like how they look. I considered powdercoating the spokes black, but I think this is ok too.

18802343822_6bef8ba436_c.jpg

An update of sorts.....

I have calmed down a bit and gathered my thoughts on this whole deal. Good sense has taken over.

Found a GoodYear location that just got a brand new Road Force balancer installed in their shop. They've told me that it is the most awesome machine they've ever had. Been able to cure even the most difficult balance issues. Although they cannot guarantee that all four of my wheels or tires aren't beyond replacement , they feel like they'll at least find the issue if it's beyond balancing.

I'm gonna drop em off on Mondee and give her a go!

Stay tuned.... :salute:

Archived