TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cragar Wheels For Sale On Ebay- By Shelby

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-Cragar-Wheel-SET-4-/171474595991?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ecaeb097

I am very surprised they weren't offered to owners first. That said- I hope one of you end up with them. It's still my favorite wheel of all time!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it blows this guy out of the water!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131205043617?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was able to buy a replacement wheel some time back after hitting a piece of angle iron on the freeway and gouging one of mine. I'm hoping they keep a few in stock for future emergencies.

John

So much for the SAI "contract" with the original buyers of the 2011-13 GT350 models that stated an exclusive parts replacement policy for GT350 owners only so no clones could be made and limited production value would be retained. On the http://www.ebay.com/itm/131205043617?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ad, the wheels are correct but the blue GT350 is not as only white cars were available for 2011. Biggest value for both ads are the center caps as the 45th anniversary are exclusive to the 2011 GT350.

For those of us early buyers who wanted to maintain a spare parts inventory in case parts became unavailable and were denied spare parts at the time of purchase, this is an insulting policy change. So much for trust.

SA factory sales should be available to owners first. Our names are in the so called registry and our names were on the production contract for the cars. There is a record of the original buyers of the 159 cars that were manufactured in the SA shop. Not a big number for out a parts notice. Any other GT350 parts liquidation surprises Shelby American?

Maybe someone at SA will read these posts and give us an official response. We have supported SA with our purchases of cars and parts and waited patiently for delivery after repeated delays. So now we only ask if SA is going to step up and show support for the buyers.

+1 ... owners should always get first right of refusal.

Agree! Not quite the wheels but still a very limited item. Would love to have a spare as I decided to place mine on my car verse keeping it boxed up. However, that creates some vulnerability for me but felt it should be on the car. Spare would be nice to have. Little disappointed.

+1 We were all told that. I wanted a couple of spare rims in case of tire failure and rim damage. I would have to wait weeks for a replacement or pay outrageous air shipping to get the replacement. If something happened on a Friday and there was a car show over the weekend, I would have to cancel if I did not have a spare on hand. Plus the car would probably be in a shop up on jacks for days. I finally have a couple of the last of the factory blems that were sold last year. Lucky to catch the ad in time.

Now I have to think of what other exclusive GT350 parts that I should try to purchase before they are all auctioned off to anyone who wants to get them. Apparently, those who made the initial exclusivity rules on behalf of the factory are no longer employed there so the rules are vacated as well.

So much for the SAI "contract" with the original buyers of the 2011-13 GT350 models that stated an exclusive parts replacement policy for GT350 owners only so no clones could be made and limited production value would be retained. On the http://www.ebay.com/itm/131205043617?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ad, the wheels are correct but the blue GT350 is not as only white cars were available for 2011. Biggest value for both ads are the center caps as the 45th anniversary are exclusive to the 2011 GT350.

Does anyone know if the center caps are included ????????

• 2 weeks later...

3 sets were sold so far, I believe the same person or company bought all three sets. I know for sure that they bought two of the sets.

Two more sets were just put up by Shelby Auctions, wonder if the same person/company is going to buy those to corner the market at a latter date.

The center caps supplied with the wheels do not have the GT350 logo; I asked Shelby before I quit bidding on the last set.

• 3 months later...

Wow, after reading thru this thread, I almost feel bad about posting this......but I am a long time TS member and two Shelby owner.

I did in fact buy one of those sets of wheels and am currently waiting for rubber for them to install on my 2008 500.

I hope this does not make any of you angry. I feel the same as some of you have posted, but man......if it's offered up?! :shrug:

I am trying to put a value on my 2011 Shelby 350 Mustang for insurance purposes. Do any of you know what any of them are selling for or the appraised value of any of them? Thank you. Dan Follmann

My 2011 45th 624hp GT350 was appraised at $88K. Right in the mix of what comparable cars having been selling for.

Wow, after reading thru this thread, I almost feel bad about posting this......but I am a long time TS member and two Shelby owner.

I did in fact buy one of those sets of wheels and am currently waiting for rubber for them to install on my 2008 500.

I hope this does not make any of you angry. I feel the same as some of you have posted, but man......if it's offered up?! :shrug:

I found a pretty nice emblem for the center caps. The diameter aint perfect...they don't offer it in 2 3/8". ;)

15960292603_0e0218760d_c.jpg

FullSizeRender by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

16554073656_e53c816fcb_c.jpg

image1 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Got my wheels and tires mounted and installed ........

The tire shop said they "zeroed" out on the balancer.

He also said I may have an issue because of the design of the deep lip. He says really in a perfect world the weights should be further outward on them, but there's really no way to do that with this wheel design.

Sumbitch !!! Sure enuf...steering wheel shimmy at 57-60 mph. All be it not horrible...nonetheless it's there and it's a nuisance.

Anyone else experiencing this on the stock 350 CRAGARS? I'm sorta disappointed now.

He also said I may have an issue because of the design of the deep lip. He says really in a perfect world the weights should be further outward on them, but there's really no way to do that with this wheel design.

Sumbitch !!! Sure enuf...steering wheel shimmy at 57-60 mph. All be it not horrible...nonetheless it's there and it's a nuisance.

Anyone else experiencing this on the stock 350 CRAGARS? I'm sorta disappointed now.

Chris can you determine if its the left or right front, pull the one you suspect & have it check balanced you might be surprised to find one out of balance even though they said they were okay..

That suxs.

Chris can you determine if its the left or right front, pull the one you suspect & have it check balanced you might be surprised to find one out of balance even though they said they were okay..

Thanks Jim.......snowing again now......who knows how long it'll be now? :rant:

Have you tried just cruising at either 56 or 61, and not in between. Seems to me that should solve the problem. HaHa. On a serious note, I'll take mine out over the weekend and see if I notice any issues.

Thanks Jim.......snowing again now......who knows how long it'll be now? :rant:

Chris I had that happen to me when I put my Alcoas on ,rear right , took it back & watched them put it on the balancing machine & it was definately out of balance.

I would be disappointed at your tire guy for not digging deeper. How does he know there is not a tire problem? You didn't mention him changing/moving the tires to eliminate them as the cause. If these were Chinese sourced wheels I could easily go along with blaming the wheels but these Cragers are American made from a respected wheel manufacturer with no history of balance problems.

Also I didn't read anything about going to a different tire shop. It's been my personal experience that more times than not, balance & alignment problems blamed on the parts have been proven incorrect when another shop gets the job done with no problems.

Just my thoughts.

Steve

I would be disappointed at your tire guy for not digging deeper. How does he know there is not a tire problem? You didn't mention him changing/moving the tires to eliminate them as the cause. If these were Chinese sourced wheels I could easily go along with blaming the wheels but these Cragers are American made from a respected wheel manufacturer with no history of balance problems.

Also I didn't read anything about going to a different tire shop. It's been my personal experience that more times than not, balance & alignment problems blamed on the parts have been proven incorrect when another shop gets the job done with no problems.

Just my thoughts.

Steve

Hey there Steve....thanks for the thoughts.

To be clear, he's not blaming the wheels or calling them inferior in any way. It's just that with the curvature of the spokes coming way back inside the "tub" (if you will) and the cosmetic portion of the outer lip being so deep....the weights cannot be pushed outward enuf to achieve a perfect scenario. Therefore to get them balanced at 'zero' it takes more weight to get there, further inside.

Does that make sense? The tires are staggered Verdsteins. So I can't really move them all around.

I'm in no way bashing these rims!!!! When I say I'm sorta disappointed now, I just mean that it seems everytime you stray from a factory set up, you can count on something (even small) being not quite right. Just been my personal experience, that's all.

Archived