TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 2007 just became a 2008

Z-man

I put myself on my dealer's waiting list 4 days after the GT500 prototype was unveiled at the New York Auto Show. At that point I was number 7 on the list. I have been given multiple 'expected' delivery dates, but the latest phone call (I always have to call them looking for updates, they haven't called me once since I placed my order) was to tell me that I probably wouln't be getting a 2007. My latest 'expected' delivery date is maybe August, which will make my car a 2008. I don't know if I am happy , or not, about that. My current order is in for a vista blue coupe wiht whitre stripes. If they ever figure out what color Vapor is really supposed to be (and its not the color on the KR), I may change my mind...why don't they offer this car in Ledgend Lime?

So, should I be happy or sad about this. At least he tells me I'm still getting a car...for now.

It's not at MSPR, but it's not a bad deal either ($5k over list). I'm hangin' in there, but the wait seems soooo long. I was starting to wonder if the dealer was stringing me along. They a a good size dealer, and sell Saleen's also. They claim to have delivered five GT500's so for, but as I mentioned, I am number six. I was wondering how they got so many as well.

Do you thing the 2007 will ultimately be more collectable that the 2008? 2007 was the anniversary year, but rumors are that they will produce less units in 2008.

So they have never called you!

You have to call them!

Who's the customer?

That's crap if you ask me!

If you are going to deal with these kind of jerks you better get everything in writing!

If you don't have a solid contract...you are gaurenteed nothing!

The contract needs to be specific and you need to give them a down payment!

You are 100% correct, Grabber. If it isn't in writting, it doesn't mean anything. I do have a down payment and an order form, but nothing else.

Speaking of CRAP, did I mention I'm on my 7th salesman since I placed the order. They keep passing me to the newest least experianced guy, who either quits or gets fired just after I explain everything to him. You would think the best guy would be selling the GT500's.

Speaking of CRAP, did I mention I'm on my 7th salesman since I placed the order. They keep passing me to the newest least experianced guy, who either quits or gets fired just after I explain everything to him.

Sounds like your hard on salesmen there :hysterical2: If I was a new guys I would run if I saw you coming. :hysterical2:

It's not at MSPR, but it's not a bad deal either ($5k over list). I'm hangin' in there, but the wait seems soooo long. I was starting to wonder if the dealer was stringing me along. They a a good size dealer, and sell Saleen's also. They claim to have delivered five GT500's so for, but as I mentioned, I am number six. I was wondering how they got so many as well.

Do you thing the 2007 will ultimately be more collectable that the 2008? 2007 was the anniversary year, but rumors are that they will produce less units in 2008.

i was thinking I would have to go with an 08 also. Just remember that 5k is now equal to 6 because the new msrp is now 1k higher. that along with, I really wanted one soon , not next year, I was able to find one for 7k in Omaha. And we still are not sure if there will be a gas guzzler increase.

just my 2 cents

good luck

Sounds like your hard on salesmen there :hysterical2: If I was a new guys I would run if I saw you coming. :hysterical2:

Me, hard on salesmen?! I'm a big pussycat....heh, heh, heh. It is dissappointing when the buyers know more than 99% of the sellers (thanks to forums like this one). Most of the salesmen I have dealt with are not even 'car guys' or enthusiasts. They would be just as happy selling refrigerators or shoes. (Not to insult refrigerator or shoe salesmen by lumping them in with car salesmen.)

I did stop by a different dealer today just to ask a few questions. They told me that I could definately get a 2008 from them...for just 20K over sticker and a 10K deposit. Guess I'm sticking to the deal I already have.

Archived