TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Control Arm Upgrade, What To Take?

I have a bushing in one of my REAR lower control arms which needs replacement.

Which made me think to, while i'm at it, upgrade the control arms.

I can't get separate bushings over here, only complete oem arms for high prices, so for me an upgrade from AM or Shelbystore for example and have it sent over here, won't cost me all that much more in the end then a stock arm.

I don't need NASA 1500rwhp rated stuff, but I would like a nice upgrade. I'm mainly after the LCA's, can do the UCA later on (unless it's included in a nice package deal, then i'd take a whole set).

The Shelby UCA's look...god...nice... :) And....Shelby... :)

Higher priced though then for example BBK LCA's or Steeda. I have limited LCA knowledge outside of looks, I believe there is also a difference in bushings.

A sidenote, I plan on running a Supercharger in the very near future on my SGT, so i'd like an upgrade which if I do it now, it saves me an upgrade later on. I believe the UCA and LCA would be something i'd want to do with a supercharger anyway (LCA's to limit bending etc and UCA to limit wheel hop).

What are you guys running and what do you recommend in my case?

Feedback much appreciated :)

• 3 months later...

i just bought a set of Steeda Billet LCA's with the relocation brackets, Adj. Steeda UCA,

I am yet to install them since i am on deployment but i am excited to see the difference. I looked into the Shelby Brand but i must say the Steeda's got great reviews, they brag about being one of the only ones with little to no NVH (tuning fork effect) and let's not forget! FRPP suspension pack was engineered through Steeda. So in my opinion i just added to the missing link in a already steeda suspension!

Happy modding!

i just bought a set of Steeda Billet LCA's with the relocation brackets, Adj. Steeda UCA,

I am yet to install them since i am on deployment but i am excited to see the difference. I looked into the Shelby Brand but i must say the Steeda's got great reviews, they brag about being one of the only ones with little to no NVH (tuning fork effect) and let's not forget! FRPP suspension pack was engineered through Steeda. So in my opinion i just added to the missing link in a already steeda suspension!

Happy modding!

I have the same Steeda parts 5111, with the exception of the LCA relocation brackets (steeda), mine are the FRPP model that came on the boss 302, liked that they didn't need to be welded, where the steeda ones strongly recommended it. But the parts did make a noticeable difference in the ride, and you are correct, not much of a difference in NVH. But then again I have LT headers so I hear a lot of exhaust note, lol. The Steeda parts are well designed and perform nicely, you'll like them. Post up when you get them installed and let us in on your opinion.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a set of billet aluminum/urethane bushing LCA and after running them a week, they really didn't do a good job of controlling wheel hop and brought all the drivetrain noise into the interior which was unacceptable to this older cruiser, so I'm back putting the stock LCA back on and will hope for better results when I get rid of the Goodyears!!

Archived