TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Todays Dumb Question Regarding The New Mustang

QuickSilverShelby

I was in Las Vegas about a month ago and I was driving on the I15 with my wife and kids and a new body style Mustang was along side us. I said to my wife "hey, there's the new Mustang".

For some reason I thought the new body style was already being manufactured and sold. So my question is, what did I see? Was it a test vehicle, prototype or what.

QSS

There's dealer training, testing, and all kinds of other things going on with the new car. I took many pics last week of the yellow Ecoboost trainer that was in town last weekend here in Denver. We had a small car show at our Ford Dealer and they brought it out to show us. That afternoon I passed a Blue one on the highway, then yesterday one passed me, a silver one. So there sure are a bunch of them out of the road when they are not even for sale yet. I've seen more 2015's in the last week then I have seen 2013-14's on the road.

Here's the yellow trainer that was at our show at Phil Long Ford.

2015yellow_zpsebabf36a.jpg

Unless it's Italian and pointy....I don't care for yellow.

I've seen the Wimbledon White car, and it's look awesome, as does anything dark...just not yellow (for me)

I have to agree, the yellow does no justice on the 2015 body style at least in the picture. Noticed no badging on the car. The white & Kona Blue 50th looks nice.

Edited by H0050

Stance and wheels/tires will pretty much make this car. The yellow combined with those wheels I agree does not work well together. Drop about 2" in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear with the right wheel and tire combo (either black or chrome), it will be a whole new car. No badges as this was a ecoboost 4. I don't believe that they will have any side badging.

I'm not yet a fan of the new body style. It looks too Euro now and I think some of the edge and attitude is lost. Hopefully time (and some aftermarket mods) will change my opinion.

I see a lot of similarity between the new style and the new edge style. A side scoop, longer spoiler, splitter or mach 1 chin spoiler, some louvers..... I think I have a vision :victory: