TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanna Go Fast 1/2 Mile Event-Ocala, Florida

SHELBYPOWER

Guys,

I have been working with the Wanna GO Fast team for the past months to secure a spot in Florida for a 1/2 mile event and it is finally done. The date is January 24-25th @ the Jumbolair Airport in Ocala, FL. Here is the website for more information on the event
www.wannagofast.com

Regards,

Manuel

Guys,

I have been working with the Wanna GO Fast team for the past months to secure a spot in Florida for a 1/2 mile event and it is finally done. The date is January 24-25th @ the Jumbolair Airport in Ocala, FL. Here is the website for more information on the event www.wannagofast.com

Regards,

Manuel

Only Ga & TX on there :shrug:

I go to the NPD Silver Springs Show every Year, (14 Years now, and the Weather down there in January is really strange. One Year girls are wearing Shorts and Bikini Tops and the next Year they are wearing Poloar Coats and the Next Year they are wearing Rain Coats and the next Year they are wearing Rain Coats OVER Polar Coats and the next Year they are wearing all of the above at different times over the weekend.

I hope you have great weather for this Event, What will be the lates we can get in just to watch?

Is this the Place http://www.jumbolair.com/

Jumbolair - Formerly owned by Nautilus inventor guy, (called Greystone back then), and when he died, his wife developed it into a fly-in community. John Travolta has a house there with a large car stable and two jets, (haven't seen his B707 in a while, guess he sold it)

4 or 5 kids got killed there when one of them drove a BMW off the end, ski-jumped a dirt berm, then hit an oak tree. Kind of surprised they'd allow any car event there considering that accident and the residents, but times change! Edit: It was 5, in dad's BMW: http://www.ocala.com/article/20080127/NEWS/801270355

Could be fun - just make sure your brakes are well maintained!

Sam

Jumbolair - Formerly owned by Nautilus inventor guy, (called Greystone back then), and when he died, his wife developed it into a fly-in community. John Travolta has a house there with a large car stable and two jets, (haven't seen his B707 in a while, guess he sold it)

4 or 5 kids got killed there when one of them drove a BMW off the end, ski-jumped a dirt berm, then hit an oak tree. Kind of surprised they'd allow any car event there considering that accident and the residents, but times change! Edit: It was 5, in dad's BMW: http://www.ocala.com/article/20080127/NEWS/801270355

Could be fun - just make sure your brakes are well maintained!

Sam

Yes, we are aware of this accident, those kids were on the track without permission and no supervision...same thing could happen if some kids would run into a drag strip with no supervision and go for a free for all run. You can see all the other event that the Wanna GO Fast team has done with no issues or casualties, thank God.

Sincerely,

Manuel

No doubt, sanctioned events are usually way safer! There was a similar event at the Amelia Concours last year, but it was "unofficial"! Idiot in a brand new Ferrari 458 Italia kept his foot in it longer than he should've and ran off the end of the runway into the swamp! Don't know if the car is being rebuilt, but it definitely will take a huge chunk of change to fix!

Good thing Jumbolair's runway is 7,000 feet plus as it leaves a nice cushion so long as you get off the gas soon enough!

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going for the day to watch...

No rollbar in my convertible, otherwise I would pay to make the run. :(

I agree. I would run it too just for the fun of doing it. oh well...the penalty for loving verts.

Going for the day to watch...

No rollbar in my convertible, otherwise I would pay to make the run. :(

I agree. I would run it too just for the fun of doing it. oh well...the penalty for loving verts.

The rules do not prohibit against convertibles.........that's why we say to ask if you aren't sure if your car qualifies in the rules. As long as you run top up you guys are fine! Mainly much older vehicle's are the ones that need rollbars, etc. Factory rollover protection is now standard across the board in all newer convertible's.

Hope to see some convertible GT500's now :)

Also here's a nice little video to get everyone excited before registration opens this Friday at 8am EST!

The rules do not prohibit against convertibles.........that's why we say to ask if you aren't sure if your car qualifies in the rules. As long as you run top up you guys are fine! Mainly much older vehicle's are the ones that need rollbars, etc. Factory rollover protection is now standard across the board in all newer convertible's.

Also here's a nice little video to get everyone excited before registration opens this Friday at 8am EST!

Sold out in 1 hour 52 minutes.

Can you tell us some of the Cars that have Registered so I can pump it up at the Cruise Ins to get people interested in coming down with me?

I see you went up on the Spectator Tickets to $20.00. It was $15.00.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got back from the Go Fast Event in Ocala a little while ago. Pretty cool. I have never seen so many Nissan GT R's in one place. A lot of Corvettes and Mustangs/Shelby's. I did learn one thing though, a lot of people have a problem going in a straight line......LOL......even a Lambo lost it and did several 90's before doing a 360 and taking out a Speed Sensor. Those Nissan GT R's are quick, most people went 130-140 and a good number went 160-170 with the Lambo's doing 190-205. Pretty fun time.

https://www.facebook.com/david.hawkins.148/media_set?set=a.10203635355228055.1073741865.1341604170&type=3

DroneVU Studios was on hand at the event to film the event from the air. Here is the link to the aerial drone video of the event:

We also have plenty of videos of other attractions around Tampa:

http://dronevustudios.com/videos.html

Regards,

DroneVU Studios

"The sky is NOT the limit"

Archived