TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This Is Interesting.........(Rumor: Is There A 2015 Shelby Gt500 Coming?)

kryptonite

Actually, Carroll owned the name, not SA. Ford now holds those rights and the rights to GT350. I don't think a more specific answer is needed, suffice to say that the GT500 will not be made in 2015.

That is not to say the Gt500 will not see a return at some point.....

Actually, Carroll owned the name, not SA. Ford now holds those rights and the rights to GT350. I don't think a more specific answer is needed, suffice to say that the GT500 will not be made in 2015.

Thanks Warren.

:salute:

Shelby would need permission from Ford, believe it or not, in order to do that. I doubt Ford would want any interference with their newest SVT model, but I wouldnt mind seeing it all the same!

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if another company gets the nod from Ford for the GT350R. Perhaps a company that is close geographically that has experience with building Ford's last performance mustang. Just saying I wouldnt be surprised...

Shelby would need permission from Ford, believe it or not, in order to do that. I doubt Ford would want any interference with their newest SVT model, but I wouldnt mind seeing it all the same!

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if another company gets the nod from Ford for the GT350R. Perhaps a company that is close geographically that has experience with building Ford's last performance mustang. Just saying I wouldnt be surprised...

Adding to what Warren stated above. . .I don't need to add anything.

They could be sneaking in testing on a new Mach 1 there. I've long suspected Ford would bring back that as well. For all we know, it could be a big block Boss with a shaker hood we never saw in the 302 builds.

Anything is possible with the people we have working at Ford right now. It's why I'm such a big fan!

But we do know its not a GT500. That is just very lazy reporting right there. Enthusiasts should not know more than a good reporter. That's pathetic.

Not sure about Shelby signing pre-title rights away VS the change in federal crash standards.

It was my understanding that for the 2010 MY forward you have to pass OEM crash test standards (in addition to emissions) on a pre-title modified cars even if you make cosmetic changes from the OEM build. Not to mention the liability involved with being legally classified an an OEM.

So, I'm thinking the 2009 KR will be the last SAI pre-title car made.

Archived