TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Shipping Cost ?

2+2

I just deleted a $ 39.00 order because it showed the standard ground shipping cost would have been $ 30.06. Am I out of touch or does this seem way too high? The items are not very big and I am in the midwest. Whats up? I never got charged like that before. I would have estimated not more than $12.00 based on past purchases.

I just thought you would like to know what Joe customer is seeing on the web site when they go to purchase.

I have also deleted some orders when the shipping costs are equal to or more than the merchandise. Shipping cost seem to be a chronic problem with SPP. It has caused me to back off on a lot of stuff I would order.

As for their shipping via FedEx, that is not necessarily how it will be shipped. On ebay it says FedEx, but mine came via USPS. Was still fast though... Tom @ SPP said the cost is shipping & handling (materials, boxes...). Anything I can get elsewhere is where I will go. American Muscle is the best, it is free shipping and their prices are good too.

We are looking into this issue. We solved it once and it has just resurfaced once again. We are working with our shipping partner in trying to figure out why on a few orders (the majority is OK) the shipping calculation is out of whack.

In the meantime, those of you that had specific problems, please contact Jeremy at JeremyS@shelbyamerican.com directly and let him know what item you tried to order to which zip code. This way you can help us pinpoint the root cause of the problem.

Thanks all for your help and patience!

AJ

As for their shipping via FedEx, that is not necessarily how it will be shipped. On ebay it says FedEx, but mine came via USPS. Was still fast though... Tom @ SPP said the cost is shipping & handling (materials, boxes...). Anything I can get elsewhere is where I will go. American Muscle is the best, it is free shipping and their prices are good too.

Tom,

In case you missed it your complaint about the package being delivered by USPS was addressed in this thread.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85449-sais-ebay-store-is-back/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1557326

This is now common practice for a lot of packages, they move by FedEx or UPS up until the delivery day where the Post Office drops it off. I believe Amazon perfected this process and now its used by many. Saves money and speeds up delivery. Win / win for everyone.

Steve

Archived