TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Shelby Gauges To Install?

ShelbyLee

I am just about to install the A pillar SS setup from SPP in my 2012 GT500. The standard setup is Fuel Pressure, Boost, and Oil Pressure with Carroll Shelby signatures in the Autometer Carbon Fiber style. An optional gauge with also the CS signature is the Oil Temperature. For those with the A pillar setup, which 3 gauge setup do folks recommend? Standard or something different?

Here is my current list of pro's and con's:

Fuel Pressure

Pro: Don't have one and should.

Con: None that I can think of.

Oil Temp

Pro: Don't have one and should.

Con: Do I really need it?

Oil Pressure

Pro: Real display, not a dummy gauge.

Con: Already have an oil gauge standard.

Boost:

Pro: Wider range for when I install a tune, pulley.

Con: Already have a boost gauge standard.

Would love people's opinions, especially those with the gauges already, on what setup you really like or would have liked to have had given the choice again.

Thanks!

Fuel pressure, Oil pressure, and Boost are recommended. They are the most crucial, if you can only have 3.

Use a Roush VentPod to install an Oil Temp gauge in the heater vent if you need the fourth.

Jer

Fuel pressure, Oil pressure, and Boost are recommended. They are the most crucial, if you can only have 3.

Use a Roush VentPod to install an Oil Temp gauge in the heater vent if you need the fourth.

Jer

+1 ... I love my gauge pod set-up from Shelby.

I also really like my Shelby gauge pod. The only problems I've had is a bad ground and a connector coming loose(my own fault). When I initially started the installation the fuel pressure sensor wouldn't clear the air intake to the S/C. Jer told me about the adaptor from Whipple for that. I think that adaptor is available through SPP now.

Jer

This is the exact setup I have, including the oil temp in the vent.

Great idea about using the Rousch Ventpod for installing the oil temp gauge! That way I get all 4. BTW, do the oil temp and oil pressure sensors use the same block? It appears that way in the SPP directions.

Now just waiting on SPP to get back to me on getting the Shelby Oil Temp Gauge.

Does anyone know if Shelby carries a Signature Series Oil Temp Gauge that is 2 1/16"? Keith C. just sent me an email with part #4827-66340 stating its 2 3/4". Went to call Shelby but they're closed and now I'm too curious to wait.

Archived