TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Updates And Opinions

I like the GT4's - to bad they don't make an Anthracite powder coated version, all AM has is chrome and black!

Sam

I have the chrome ones, but would rather have them done in anthrocite too. A buddy of mine has just started a powdercoating operation, but doesn't have the oven needed to do larger parts like wheels. He is working on getting a walk-in oven to do large parts. I'm sure you can find a good powdercoating business near you and get the GT4s done like you want. It would definitely be unique. You could save a lot on the cost if you can have the wheels media blasted yourself, before giving it to the powdercoating place.

what are you doing with the wheels that were on the car?

At the moment I plan to hold on to them and use them for the track. But might be talked out of them if someone was to offer. I actually have a total of five. I use the 5th as a spare for on long road trips.

I too dig the anthrocite. Not sure why they stopped selling them in that color.

Your right, they DID sell them for a time, darn it! Buying the black ones and having them powder coated in anthracite appears to be the only option at the moment. I love the look of my AM Anthracite Bullitt wheels, but they won't fit over big brakes! I can't justify new wheels at the moment, much less wheels I'll have to redo to make them into what I want!

Sam

Archived