TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Svt Strut Brace

Torched10

Went to out my svt on and its about 1/4 in to long. It won't reach the 2 bolts on either strut brace. Did you guys force it on by bending it using a tool. I hate to use a hammer. Anyone else have this issue

Nope, mine fits right over the 4 bolts.

It does however sit slightly high and hold the hood up about 1/4" but *most* do not hold the hood up. I have heard of others that do but most that don't. Both of these issues tells me they either don't have a very good jig or no jig at all.

Phill

Phil. Thanks. Your comments are always helpful. Ok bolted on the one side and was then able to just horse the other side on. So it fits Yeah!!markedthe strut with chalk to see if it clears. It does so its not even touching the hood pad. Man 1/4 in. I'd leave it off and return it. That must look horrible.

Also put my Jlt carbon fiber cai back on as well. Sounds much better next I s tires. Spinning out at all speeds is not a long term strategy when your 69

One more question. Had to reposition the fuel line to just in front of the brace. So out s flush against it touching it.I'm wondering if heat will be transmitted into the fuel and heat It up. Ok dont See how it might rub but I'm wondering about heat transfer. I remember in my old gto I'd get vapor lock if the fuel line guy too hot on a mechanical fuel pump. Any thoughts

One more question. Had to reposition the fuel line to just in front of the brace. So out s flush against it touching it.I'm wondering if heat will be transmitted into the fuel and heat It up. Ok dont See how it might rub but I'm wondering about heat transfer. I remember in my old gto I'd get vapor lock if the fuel line guy too hot on a mechanical fuel pump. Any thoughts

If it is steel line I wouldn't worry about it.

I've had vapor lock on a customers car when I replaced a length of steel with rubber/neo. The black hose absorbed the heat and gave me fits. You can wrap crinkled aluminum foil around it if you have concerns but quite honestly, with the high pressures the EFI unit runs there is little to NO chance of vapor lock happening (cross that bridge IF you come up on it).

Phill

It's rubber or something in that family. It's wrapped with some kind of heat dissipating fiber, kind of a mesh deal.I figure the fuels moving pretty rapidly in a short distance so I agree with your analysis but just curious what others who have the svt strut have experienced

... with the high pressures the EFI unit runs there is little to NO chance of vapor lock happening (cross that bridge IF you come up on it).

Not to mention that the EFI is constantly circulating the fuel back to the tank. It never sits still long enough to boil in the lines.

Odd it was short but did fit, never had that issue with 3 of these on 3 different years Shelby's. Anyway the fuel line will not get hot and this brace has been on my 2010 for 3 years with no issues and now on my 2013 for 6 weeks. I would not wrap aluminum foil as it is not needed and would look stupid in the engine compartment of a $70K car.

Ps. I have the Jlt strut brace left from my 2010 vert. It won't fit over the stock cai so you'd need the smaller in diameter Jlt cai. They are 99 bucks from Jlt and come painted to your color. If interested in my brace its 80 bucks plus shipping

• 2 weeks later...

Archived