TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Are Differences Between Innov West And Ford M-6312-Svt

hunters1

Super Hiss--The ford one is the 08 crank balancer pulley. (can be had for $175)The question I should have asked was, is the 10% innvo a 10% increase in power due to difference in pulley size? The Innvo runs about $450. I am thinking of adding power via 2.3 TVS but, will aim at keeping overall power below 700hp. I have finished suspension, brakes etc.. and now looking for a crisper delivery of power with a modest increase of power. Current power adders are identical to KR setup.( FRPP 113 CAI, 2.6 pulley, NKGTR-6 plugs, 90mm idler, 3.73 gears) If merely going with 08 balancer will be sufficient to use with TVS then that would be the route I would take.

The Ford crank pulley/balancer is the same size (diameter) and is used as a replacement piece for the folks with a 2007 model ( it's lighter and safer when you have added performance upgrades to the motor ie; TVS 2.3 blower) . The Innovators West unit is a SFI rated balancer and is 10% larger in diameter than stock thus creating an effect similar to that of changing to a smaller diameter pulley on the blower (increase of the blower rotor speed and increasing the level of boost/pressure). For your setup hunters1 - I would recommend going with the Ford pulley/balancer (if your car is a 2007) and buy an upgraded intercooler (2010 GT500 unit or aftermarket) to keep down the temp and avoid having issues with loss of power due to being "heat soaked".

The Ford crank pulley/balancer is the same size (diameter) and is used as a replacement piece for the folks with a 2007 model ( it's lighter and safer when you have added performance upgrades to the motor ie; TVS 2.3 blower) . The Innovators West unit is a SFI rated balancer and is 10% larger in diameter than stock thus creating an effect similar to that of changing to a smaller diameter pulley on the blower (increase of the blower rotor speed and increasing the level of boost/pressure). For your setup hunters1 - I would recommend going with the Ford pulley/balancer (if your car is a 2007) and buy an upgraded intercooler (2010 GT500 unit or aftermarket) to keep down the temp and avoid having issues with loss of power due to being "heat soaked".

You mentioned 2010 or aftermarket for an I/C upgrade............the first I/C upgrade that I am aware of for these cars is the 2013/14. The 2007-2012 I/C under the S/C is the same as far as I know.

If you are talking about the H/E (heat exchanger) isn't 2011 the first upgrade size and then 2013 even larger? or was there an upgrade to the 2010 H/E?

Hunters1 - IW offers a 15% lower also, in addition to the 10%. 15% really spins the blower!! <<This also depends upon what diameter blower pulley you are running.

R

I'd go with ATI instead of Innovators West. I've seen a couple instances of the IW until basically coming apart, even a double keyed unit. ATI is supposed to be better in that regard. I don't know if they have a 15%. I have the 10%.

Archived