TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake

IMHO I think SAI with the SS has just separated the wheat from the chaff with their pricing set at $30,000 plus out the door.

Those purchasing the SS really are making an investment and I think this is true in both the short term and long term....There are some that bought their Shelby's as an investment hoping to see some appreciation. I still read stories of guys having them in the garage with the plastic still on the seats with 6 miles on them. I read somewhere that one guy went out and had a key made at the dealer so that he could keep the original keys in the plastic. With that said the value of the Shelby brand should never be discounted as being an everyday brand. It has always had, and I believe it will continue to have, exclusivity, but that exclusivity has to be tempered.

Those that can afford it and buy into the SS are really in a very limited group of folks. Most of those will probably never sell their SS, so when one finally does hit the market, it will command a premium price, which I believe will never be less than what the owner paid for their car plus the cost to that owner of the SS package. Think about it, in a busy year how many of these cars will actually be up for sale? (Maybe 5 or 10 and most likely less) When you put one of these cars on the real auction block, not eBay, there will be buyers ready, willing, and able to pay the reserve price.

...With this said, I'm not planning on getting the SS. I am going to get the 40th, that's what I have always wanted. I'll get the SS performance upgrades depending on the cost.

Sorry to abbreviate your post....but I think it was spot-on. All that aside, I want this package because I want this package.

It's just plain nasty, in a good way. :drool: :beerchug:

Sorry to abbreviate your post....but I think it was spot-on. All that aside, I want this package because I want this package.

It's just plain nasty, in a good way. :drool: :beerchug:

OOOoohhhhh..............

She's BAD alright!!! And we like it, my Crisp friend!!!

KingCobra.

..don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I was just up at a local ford dealer ordering an escape for my son, when the owner (pretty cool guy, has a ford gt of his own, and is also into racing vipers) said that ford told him that somehow they were influencing SAI as far as production numbers for the supersnake, and that it was limited to 300 for each year. This dealer was gonna supersnake one of his 08 shelby gt500s, so at least I will get a chance to sit in one and drool. But the 300 limit? This is the first I heard that ford is keeping the numbers of this one down. Doesn't seem to match what we are already hearing. But it was probably a zone rep talking, and we know how far off they can be sometimes. :banghead:

..don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I was just up at a local ford dealer ordering an escape for my son, when the owner (pretty cool guy, has a ford gt of his own, and is also into racing vipers) said that ford told him that somehow they were influencing SAI as far as production numbers for the supersnake, and that it was limited to 300 for each year. This dealer was gonna supersnake one of his 08 shelby gt500s, so at least I will get a chance to sit in one and drool. But the 300 limit? This is the first I heard that ford is keeping the numbers of this one down. Doesn't seem to match what we are already hearing. But it was probably a zone rep talking, and we know how far off they can be sometimes. :banghead:

Don't believe it.

Doesn't make sense to me. Ford doesn't tell Shelby what to do. Do you think the GT500, KR, and SGT would be as popular as they are if a name other than Shelby was on them? Ford is in no position to dictate to anyone at this point. Top Ford managment are the same people running the Detroit Lions. Enough said.

Doesn't make sense to me. Ford doesn't tell Shelby what to do. Do you think the GT500, KR, and SGT would be as popular as they are if a name other than Shelby was on them? Ford is in no position to dictate to anyone at this point. Top Ford managment are the same people running the Detroit Lions. Enough said.

You mean the Detroit Lye-Downs!

Archived