TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csm13Ss0109 (New Member)

Hello everyone

Sent my deposit July 31 , 2014.

I was suprised for the 2013 GT500 Shelby is only up to 109! These are low numbers!

Build time was est to start October 14 (3 months out)

I'm looking for advice from those who have gone thru this before, any thing you would do again or not do?

I have the track pack and PP but still would like to lower the rear suspension a bit. Does the super snake package lower the rear?

Also selected the 850 hp - watts link - and 3.73s-

Any other options you all recommend.?

I also got the free interior upgrade and was told by Tim P at Shelby that the leather used by Katskin is far superior to the original by ford ... Any suggestions on color or choices on interior, I'm unfamiliar with what it looks like? My car is black stripe delete and I was going to choose natural color wheels with white or gray stripe.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! Excited!

Hello everyone

Sent my deposit July 31 , 2014.

I was suprised for the 2013 GT500 Shelby is only up to 109! These are low numbers!

Build time was est to start October 14 (3 months out)

I'm looking for advice from those who have gone thru this before, any thing you would do again or not do?

I have the track pack and PP but still would like to lower the rear suspension a bit. Does the super snake package lower the rear?

Also selected the 850 hp - watts link - and 3.73s-

Any other options you all recommend.?

I also got the free interior upgrade and was told by Tim P at Shelby that the leather used by Katskin is far superior to the original by ford ... Any suggestions on color or choices on interior, I'm unfamiliar with what it looks like? My car is black stripe delete and I was going to choose natural color wheels with white or gray stripe.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! Excited!

Awesome, not sure if it is still an option, but the wide body upgrade was very well worth it. Much better bite than without (I got to drive it before and after, although I was only dealing with 800Hp lol (2012)).

Now for the wait....congrats again!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Shelby American last weekend and they said probably October for my build, Tim commented that they are finishing out the last block of GT350's purchased by Galphin Ford... He said Ford doesn't want our GT350's competing with their new one...so there you have it - a Ford built GT350 on the way.

I am 13SS0098 and Ralph at SA told me the same thing about the GT350s. They estimate mine around mid October, keeping my fingers crossed. I put my deposit in back in Oct '13, and dropped the car off after the Mustang 50th back in April.

I have the entire 3rd week of October off from school/work and would love to spend that time learning the new features.

I visited Shelby American last weekend and they said probably October for my build, Tim commented that they are finishing out the last block of GT350's purchased by Galphin Ford... He said Ford doesn't want our GT350's competing with their new one...so there you have it - a Ford built GT350 on the way.

:thumbsup:

Real soon now 109. It's getting closer to October everyday.

Getting excited!

Does anyone know what number they are building now?

If you are wondering how many are in front of you by CSM#s it dose not matter. They do not build them consecutively. They finished mine CSM # 14SS0020 on January 6th 2014.

If you are wondering how many are in front of you by CSM#s it dose not matter. They do not build them consecutively. They finished mine CSM # 14SS0020 on January 6th 2014.

I believe its all about when you dropped it off and paid the deposit. I dropped mine (13SS0098) off 21 April and was just told yesterday mine should start build any day now. After it starts its about 2-3 week turnaround.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've heard other guys say the stripes are not sticking well- mine included- called Shelby and they sent me a complete stripe kit to have installed- I have had no real issues so far with mine but I've not driven it much to give it a real test.

I had issues with my stripes as well. Had them fixed and so far no issues. I think it had something to do with how cold it was when they initially stuck them on the car. Make sure you check you have the correct wheels (directional) also. SAI just shipped me a new wheel because I had two of the same wheel. They responded super quick about fixing the issue. Check your rear diff also. Mine started leaking about 2K miles after I took delivery. Again, SAI warranty paid to fix it at local Ford dealer.

SAI forgot to install part of my stripe so they're taking care of that and I did notice the area where it said "gt500 super snake" there was some peeling at the points of the letters. I asked them to address that as well. Not sure or not if it happened.

Why aren't they built/numbered consecutively? Otherwise wouldn't the build number not correspond with how many have actually been produced?

SAI forgot to install part of my stripe so they're taking care of that and I did notice the area where it said "gt500 super snake" there was some peeling at the points of the letters. I asked them to address that as well. Not sure or not if it happened.

Had that issue of lifting on both my SS's....they told me to fix it with super glue! lol

Known issue for at least a couple years since that's the span between building my two.

Here's a new one, after about 15k miles on the wide body, I just noticed the radiator is slowly leaking. After ripping out everything around it, its the radiator, not a hose or connection point. - Not that its under warranty, but Ive never herd of a radiator going to shit that soon.

Had that issue of lifting on both my SS's....they told me to fix it with super glue! lol

Known issue for at least a couple years since that's the span between building my two.

Here's a new one, after about 15k miles on the wide body, I just noticed the radiator is slowly leaking. After ripping out everything around it, its the radiator, not a hose or connection point. - Not that its under warranty, but Ive never herd of a radiator going to shit that soon.

I hate to hear stuff like that. They installed the wrong seat covers in my car, but they did fix that right away when I pointed it out. They also swapped the tires but we're able to fix that too. Add in the stripe and it makes me go, "hmmmm." I just hope the mechanical stuff is solid.

In visiting the museum, I noticed all the cars had a thick layer of dust on them. Some had finger prints. It's those little things and attention to detail that can elevate Shelby from good to great and in all honesty with what Shelby charges they should be great.

I just had my radiator replaced on the Super Snake under 10,000 miles. It was due to poor soldering inside the unit.

Shelby Canada West did it under warranty...but I know they put up a fight for it!

What year is your car and when did you have it Super Snaked? Were you and Slim built around the same time?

Mine's 2012 and built in 2012.

And also I meant Shelby Canada west had to fight Shelby American for the warranty just to be clear. I know its been over 2 years, but a Rad should last longer than that, especially with the low mileage.

Shelby Canada West was amazing!

What year is your car and when did you have it Super Snaked? Were you and Slim built around the same time?

yes it was.....I just put in an email to the SA guys pointing out the same issues.

06H275 - Was the radiator the reason you had to trailer it to the shop as of late?

While 10,000 is low miles for most vehicles, I would have to think that is a substantial amount on a 3 year old Super Snake. Maybe its a manufacturer defect issue but hasn't cropped up as most probably don't drive them that much?

The more non-isolated issues I hear about, the more PO'd I get.

Sorry I'm getting off topic, we should start another Super Snake QC issue thread? lol

yes it was.....I just put in an email to the SA guys pointing out the same issues.

06H275 - Was the radiator the reason you had to trailer it to the shop as of late?

Yes it was. 8 hours driving in pouring rain! But at least the results were good!

While 10,000 is low miles for most vehicles, I would have to think that is a substantial amount on a 3 year old Super Snake. Maybe its a manufacturer defect issue but hasn't cropped up as most probably don't drive them that much?

The more non-isolated issues I hear about, the more PO'd I get.

Sorry I'm getting off topic, we should start another Super Snake QC issue thread? lol

Actually I meant under 10,000 Kilometers...so just about 6000 miles.

I pray to the Lord that I don't regret taking my perfectly good GT500 and having it modded at Shelby. I hate to hear about guys having troubles a few years in. All cars have issues eventually and you can't push 850hp without running some risk but it's a little worrisome.

I've had a few issues, but I love both my cars, and will probably do it again with another.

Don't worry about the modding at Shelby American!

They do good work!

You won't be sorry at all, just be sure to check it out as best as you can before you bring it home.

Archived