TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So....how About Those Alcoas Coming Back?

tomshep

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-chrome-alcoa-20x10-2015.html

the chrome look like "black chrome" or it's just my eyes???

it's engraved "shelby" butr nor avaible at shelby store? only at AM?

Hmm. Something's strange, in the neighborhood.

Says "Licensed By Shelby" too.

Phill

It does say " Shelby Alcoa Style "

So definitely someones version of a knock-off.

As for the licensing part, licensing is all about money, and I don't think that Shelby Licensing is about to turn any of that away for the right deals.

After all, they did sell a ton of those Alcoa wheels, so why not license a " Shelby Alcoa Style " wheel and profit from it.

i've chat with someone at American muscle, still don't know the weight...

they will be avaible soon

I was told the wheels were between 32-35lbs, depends on the finish of the wheel

Looked a little further and it says they are in stock for the '15's, but not in stock for 05-14 cars. Good news for any '15 owners i guess.

The wheels specs between the 05-14 and 15 are the same, probably just an issue they need to correct on the website

The wheel studs are larger on the 15's, I don't know if they changed the spacing.

I thought in another thread that AJ said they were different from '14 to '15 and do not retrofit.

But I could be wrong.

Phill

Dean Martin at Rehagan has already been working on a 15 in his shop. Says that yes the wheel studs are 14mm but other than that seem the same. He has a pair of 2014 SVT wheels bolted up on the 15 right now. Offsets seem to be the same and of course the bolt pattern is the same.

Jeff,

Did Dean have to enlarge the lug nut holes in the 14 wheels? Will the 15 wheels bolt onto the 14's without modification? It would be nice if the new 19" GT350 wheels fit the 13/14's.

Do not know any further info at this time. I haven't talked to him specifically about it yet, just know the info that he has posted with pics on FB.

Archived