TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Csx Convertible Prototype On Craigslist Detroit

Richard Nash 26306

Found this Shelby Dodge CSX Convertible Prototype listed on Craigslist Detroit.

I have no association with the person posting it for sale. I thought it might me of interest to the forum.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4624633010.html

The VIN would tell us everything. The engine serial plate ends in 1580. Wonder what the donor car(s) was. CSX 000 is a re-popped badge?

Not that the VIN is really needed since it will never come back to a Shelby product but here you go............ 3b3xp65j1mt570937

Update: CarFax shows the car with a accident/damage history along with the odometer being rolled back.

I wrote to the owner and he said someone is using a picture of his car without his permission. It is a one off and it is not for sale.

He likes the car and built it the way he wanted it, a clone of sorts I guess. But someone got a picture of it and is saying its for sale when it isn't. Interesting...

Some scam artist thinking he can make a few bucks..

I wrote to the owner and he said someone is using a picture of his car without his permission. It is a one off and it is not for sale.

He likes the car and built it the way he wanted it, a clone of sorts I guess. But someone got a picture of it and is saying its for sale when it isn't. Interesting...

Some scam artist thinking he can make a few bucks..

Funny but the builder of this non-Shelby is not the current owner so for the current seller to tell you that "he built the car the way he wanted" is not a true statement.

Also if the car is not for sale then how did you make contact with the owner? Seems to me that a legitimate for sale ad would have to be out there for you to make contact with the current owner?

Steve

Funny but the builder of this non-Shelby is not the current owner so for the current seller to tell you that "he built the car the way he wanted" is not a true statement.

Also if the car is not for sale then how did you make contact with the owner? Seems to me that a legitimate for sale ad would have to be out there for you to make contact with the current owner?

Steve

Correct on all points, Steve!

Barry

Steve and Barry, Good point, what I did was respond to the ad in Craigslist (Detroit) and asked for more information.

I got nothing..

A few days later I got a note from Craigslist that the account was taken over by an unauthorized user.

And then a note from the person who claimed to own the car and they said it was not for sale.

I just looked and I have already erased the notes I received.

Jim

Steve and Barry, Good point, what I did was respond to the ad in Craigslist (Detroit) and asked for more information.

I got nothing..

A few days later I got a note from Craigslist that the account was taken over by an unauthorized user.

And then a note from the person who claimed to own the car and they said it was not for sale.

I just looked and I have already erased the notes I received.

Jim

Jim,

My best guess is that the current owner, who just recently purchased this car for $8k or less, is trying to back away from the internet controversy where he tried to flip the car for a 50% increase but more importantly where he was referring to the car as a SAI prototype which it is not.

We saw the same thing last year when a flipper was embellishing the history on a 1989 Shelby CSX from California. He too pulled his ad to try and let the controversy subside after his sales description was questioned.

When it comes to the Shelby Dodge cars, although they don't garner as much interest as the Shelby Ford cars, the Shelby Dodge owners/enthusiasts belong to a tight knit community where not too much goes unnoticed. I should mention that like any other collector car a potential purchase of a Shelby Dodge car should be researched before writing the seller a check. One can always contact me here at Shelby American or the Shelby Dodge Automobile Club at www.sdac.org for verification.

Steve

Good point Steve and you may well be correct about the events over the last few days.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for explaining some of the past events.

Hope others can benefit from what you have said as well.

I do appreciate the comments from everyone as well.

Been an interesting experience and as usual this forum has been very informative..

Jim

Archived