TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 Price Increase!

Any Guesses on when the official pricing will be out? I am kind of impatient because my dealer will not give me a price till he gets the official price. I am still hoping for MSRP but I may be dreaming.

BTW, did he say anything about selling it to you for MSRP?

Why not just tell him to write it up for MSRP and whatever that is will be the price you will pay?

Also, Ford announced the base MSRP will be $1,000 more for 08. The only other added cost would be the new options available.

Any Guesses on when the official pricing will be out? I am kind of impatient because my dealer will not give me a price till he gets the official price. I am still hoping for MSRP but I may be dreaming.

You placed an order for the car without agreeing to a price? I guess if you were both talking about msrp and just not sure what that is everything will work out. If not, do you have any idea what they have sold their other cars for??

He has always implied MSRP or lower was his quote last year. He is kind of in the dark on how much these usually sell for. The dealership sold one to another dealer last year for invoice. The salesman even gave me the receipt for that one they sold. I think they are a little more knowledgable this year but he told me last year MSRP or better and about how honest they are. I am not holding my breath though. With nothing in writing all I have is my trust in his honesty. That is why I am soo anxious to have the official price so I can see what I am going to get. After the price comes out and he hopefully tells me MSRP I will get in in writing. I was going to push for something in writing last year but I was also affraid of making them wonder why I didn't trust them and enlightening them on how much they should be charging.

I hope the price comes out soon because I keep checking this website almost every other hour to see if someone has posted it yet.

I'm sorry to say, but I think you're dreaming. I'm not saying it's impossible to get MSRP...but he likely would have already written up a sales agreement that said "Will sell at MSRP". Without that...all bets are off. Good luck.

He has always implied MSRP or lower was his quote last year. He is kind of in the dark on how much these usually sell for. The dealership sold one to another dealer last year for invoice. The salesman even gave me the receipt for that one they sold. I think they are a little more knowledgable this year but he told me last year MSRP or better and about how honest they are. I am not holding my breath though. With nothing in writing all I have is my trust in his honesty. That is why I am soo anxious to have the official price so I can see what I am going to get. After the price comes out and he hopefully tells me MSRP I will get in in writing. I was going to push for something in writing last year but I was also affraid of making them wonder why I didn't trust them and enlightening them on how much they should be charging.

I hope the price comes out soon because I keep checking this website almost every other hour to see if someone has posted it yet.

Just sign the contract saying "MSRP". That's all.

If not, don't be surprised if it's not MSRP.

Don't wait. Don't hope. Don't assume. Don't "imply".

Anything else is just plain dumb. No offense personally, but the "dumb" statement is about wishing and hoping.

Well, no one here can know what your relationship with your dealer/salesman is. Based on some other horror stories told and heard here and for your own peace of mind I think you should at least talk to them and make sure you are both on the same page. If the deal is not at msrp how much, if any, are you willing to pay over and what are they looking for? If this deal is not going to work you will either need to start looking for another one or forget about the car all together. I hope it works out for you as I hope to never be accused of thumbing my nose at those who do not end up with a car. There is too much emotion attached to the search to pour salt in anyone's wound.

Archived