TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque

500HP GT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi GT50035,

Did Mr. Shelby actually sign the plaque? If so what type of pen does it look like he used? A Sharpie felt tip pen? Do they coat it to keep it from coming off?

I ordered one yesterday for my pre-production GT500 I just picked up used (50k Ford test miles) in OH who bought it at an auction from Ford. I got a letter of acceptance yesterday but today I got another email that said their site was down and I would have to plave another order. Before I go to the trouble I want to make sure he hand signs each plaque.

Thanks,

MSBMustang "Mark"

Saw your car when it was listed on ebay. It's Tungsten, right?

Shipment came today... wahoo! :happy feet:

With a little TLC using a very small screwdriver, I was able to remove the SVT sill plates intact, for the most part, so I could save them. (for nostalgic reasons?)

New pieces went on without a hitch. Pics attached.

post-7231-1181771729_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771760_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771776_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771786_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771795_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771813_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771822_thumb.jpg

Happy cruisin! :shift:

post-7231-1181771729_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771760_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771776_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771786_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771795_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771813_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771822_thumb.jpg

With a little TLC using a very small screwdriver, I was able to remove the SVT sill plates intact, for the most part, so I could save them. (for nostalgic reasons?)

post-7231-1181771729_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771760_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771776_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771786_thumb.jpg

post-7231-1181771795_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771813_thumb.jpg post-7231-1181771822_thumb.jpg

Looks great!

Mine the 8th :waiting:

I went back to my email, and received my order acknowldgement on March 9--hang in there!:

Sent : Friday, March 9, 2007 11:41 PM

To : [500HP GT]

Subject : Shelby GT500 Dash Plaque Receipt

Thank you for your order. You can expect to receive your Shelby GT500 autographed dash plaque and sill plates in approximately 6-8 weeks.

We have the following information for your order:

Name: [xxxxx]

Address: [xxxxx]

City: Arlington VA [xxxxx]

Phone: [xxxxx]

Email: [xxxxx]

VIN: 1ZVHT88SX752004[xx]

Your credit card will be charged in the amount of $299.99 for this order. If you have any questions please call 702-942-7325 or you can reply to this email. Again, thank you for your order.

That looks really nice and good install.

Thank for all who posted pics, something to look forward to....someday :waiting: :bag: I did get another email from Bud, guess when I was told my plate was in the 1st 400 to be shipped it somehow dissapeared :headscratch: ...now it is at the childrens foundation to BE signed, he said he would ship it as soon as he gets it. :banghead:

Thank for all who posted pics, something to look forward to....someday :waiting: :bag: I did get another email from Bud, guess when I was told my plate was in the 1st 400 to be shipped it somehow dissapeared :headscratch: ...now it is at the childrens foundation to BE signed, he said he would ship it as soon as he gets it. :banghead:

Same here. The guy that chimes in and tells us/me to be patient after they receive their plaque that same day makes me want to throw up a little. We know Bud and SAI are doing the best possible job to get everyone there plaque. I'm glad it's at the children's foundation and gives that much more meaning to it. We will all get our plaques when we get them.

I ordered my uncle's a week after I ordered mine, he got his last week!!! So much for being a nice guy :banghead: My card is charged so I should see it soon!

:banana piano: Got my UPS note today at home, plaque has arrived............package is being redirected to my work tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow.............ordered April 9th, 2007 so about 9 weeks to get.

Just wondered if you got the same surprise as I did? Value of goods entering Canada $318. GST and brokeridge fees $96 bucks. I would have sent it to My US mail box.

Just wondered if you got the same surprise as I did? Value of goods entering Canada $318. GST and brokeridge fees $96 bucks. I would have sent it to My US mail box.

YES !!!! UPS is the biggest ripoff courier company ever...........a box that weighs 2 lbs and a charge of $96 !!!! I tore a strip off them on the phone but that did nothing. Whenever I do buy something on- line (i.e. ebay) I always tell the seller do NOT use ups!!!!!

Some good news though..........I didn't know I was getting GT500 sill plates ?? Nice!!!

Finally it has arrived today! After being one of the first ones to order! It has been driving me crazy checking my credit card daily for the past few months. I'm very happy with the plaque and sills, they are a lot better quality than I expected. Thick piece of billet aluminum. I'm thinking of installing the plaque with velcro for easy removal incase I need to remove it for some reason. I hate to say it but, it was worth the wait. Hang in there guys.

post-4160-1181865332_thumb.jpgpost-4160-1181865357_thumb.jpg

post-4160-1181865332_thumb.jpg

post-4160-1181865357_thumb.jpg

YES !!!! UPS is the biggest ripoff courier company ever...........a box that weighs 2 lbs and a charge of $96 !!!! I tore a strip off them on the phone but that did nothing. Whenever I do buy something on- line (i.e. ebay) I always tell the seller do NOT use ups!!!!!

Some good news though..........I didn't know I was getting GT500 sill plates ?? Nice!!!

That's funny, I feel exactly the same way about Fed Ex and DHL. :hysterical2:

Finally it has arrived today! After being one of the first ones to order! It has been driving me crazy checking my credit card daily for the past few months. I'm very happy with the plaque and sills, they are a lot better quality than I expected. Thick piece of billet aluminum. I'm thinking of installing the plaque with velcro for easy removal incase I need to remove it for some reason. I hate to say it but, it was worth the wait. Hang in there guys.

post-4160-1181865332_thumb.jpgpost-4160-1181865357_thumb.jpg

FYI (Tip) - All I did was cut off 1/4" of the red 3M protective tape on the Top & Bottom & left the entire center section alone. This way if I get the 40th or Super Snake package the plaque can come off easier or if I messed up installing it, it would be easier to fix. I checked it again today & it holds on just fine w/o removing all the protective tape it comes with.

Just for comparison, I brought my own package across the border. $318 was the value, plus GST and PST totalling $41.00. No duty. I'm just 1.5 miles north of the border. I can see my shipper/receiver warehouse in Washington State from my house in B.C. Having anything from the U.S. delivered direct to your home in Canada is very expensive.

JR

FYI (Tip) - All I did was cut off 1/4" of the red 3M protective tape on the Top & Bottom & left the entire center section alone. This way if I get the 40th or Super Snake package the plaque can come off easier or if I messed up installing it, it would be easier to fix. I checked it again today & it holds on just fine w/o removing all the protective tape it comes with.

[/quot

Just got mine yesterday [thurs] after ordering on March 8 or 9 and live in LI New York. The wait was worth it. The plaque and sills came bubble wrapped in a thick UPS Express box which was in perfect condition [i may even keep the box]. The plaque is really high quality and the signature is definitely hand done. As I sit here looking at it I am amazed how little it takes to bring joy to a middle aged man. Nice work Bud thanks for your help.

Coldwater's tip on installation is a really good idea as I also am strongly considering a SS conversion and I know that comes with a plaque also. For those still waiting- be patient the wait is really worth it. banana piano.gif

Mike

Just for comparison, I brought my own package across the border. $318 was the value, plus GST and PST totalling $41.00. No duty. I'm just 1.5 miles north of the border. I can see my shipper/receiver warehouse in Washington State from my house in B.C. Having anything from the U.S. delivered direct to your home in Canada is very expensive.

JR

Yep, just 30 minutes away from my US mail box in Niagara Falls. I am over picking up parts every secound week so these would have come over for no charge. I got them so I guess thats what really matters in the end.

JR

Not always but ALWAYS with UPS..........f'in crooks!!!

Archived