TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Kenny Brown Stance

MJN

Finally figured out how to resize a picture on my Apple...I think. This is a pic after having some goodies from Kenny Brown Performance on. Custom KB spec Eibach coil-over, Roll-center relocation kit, Bump-steer kit, and also had the Shelby 1000 trans brace installed.

Shelby.jpg

Did you get the KB jacking rails while you were at it?

Jim

I do have them, Jacking rails and Matrix brace. Had them installed the first year having the car. I love them for just being able to jack the car up anywhere along the side I want, but mainly had installed for the support they provide.

I know lot say don't need them with how ridged and improved the newer ones are, but for me it was peace of mind and building upon future mods.

• 1 month later...

I have the KB rear roll relocation kit too. Made a big improvement is rear grip. I also removed the rear sway bar. At the track, It was actually very hard to get loose, so much that I may reinstall the rear sway. I still have the stock SVTPP springs and shocks though. I look forward to your thoughts after your track day.

I have the KB rear roll relocation kit too. Made a big improvement is rear grip. I also removed the rear sway bar. At the track, It was actually very hard to get loose, so much that I may reinstall the rear sway. I still have the stock SVTPP springs and shocks though. I look forward to your thoughts after your track day.

Jae Dale:

Track day went awesome could not have asked for the car to perform and better, the suspension handled great. As far as the shocks go I felt that I could feel a difference in the KB shock set up over the SVTPP that I had also. On the track they are firmer yet when hitting some rough spots on the track it felt as the whole suspension worked as a whole letting the car just float very controlled over the rough.

On the road the setup actually feels better and softer then stock but when you do hit a sharp bump or something then you can feel more of the stiffer setup, I love it. I wold say if doing some track time it would be a for sure improvement. I need some brake cooling ducts now and some improvement there.

How much do you think your new setup lowered the car from where it was stock? Your new setup looks sick.

Thank you.

I wish I had a exact number but im thinking in the 3/4" range for sure. The SVTPP setup that I had is allready lover then the regular one, I think it was just perfect. Kenny Brown is fairly local for me so when they were setting up my ride hight they asked me if was a track car or track and on the road use. Told them of course I still like to plesure drive it, they said no problem if mostly track they would have dropped it another 1/2" or so but tht gets kinda low for driving, specailly with are smooth roads around here lol.

I could not get over the handling difference I had with the setup, so much more controlled and back end just tracks nice and stright. They even go as far as the 500 runs a different spring rate in the front then if you get them for the 5.0 Mustang.

Great info MJN. My son has a Boss that we would like to lower it's stance a little. I have been researching springs and such and I think we'll give Kenny Brown a call. I believe they're located in Indianapolis.

Just outside the Chicago area they are in Wauconda,IL . You should see the Boss X they are working on, its a work of art and one bad track machine.

Give Rich a call for any of your questions, they are great to work with, I could not be any happier with their customer service.

Rich Cottrell (317) 730-2921 tell him Mike Nemecek sent you

Keep me updated love to hear what you end up doing and how it feels.

Archived