TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bmr Watts Link

super hiss

i was advised, fays2 has snaped axles, and it may be assebled in austrailia, but made in korea. i havent been to a sema or any car show as ive been over seas for 1.5 years. so you guys are my link to whats going on. with all this being said, im happy... for im not rich and i get to see if its worth it when i have a bmr pan hard and brace

I haven't ever heard of a Fays2 snapping axles ,it is made in the USA , and goes for around $650 USD. It also is a watts linkage which has a chassis mounted pivot not a differential mounted pivot which is what a Griggs Racing / CorteX Racing /Whiteline watts linkage has. There are several threads here on Team Shelby which cover this topic and even comments made by Kelly (from BMR Fabrication) Good Reading . FWIW.

well sounds like you dont like whiteline, you link the fays2. not sure what bmr has coming out maybe you could tell me since you saw it at sema. griggs is way too expensive for me. i was either going to keep man pan hard bar and brace and do a griggs torque arm or try this bmr watts link with subframe connectors.

Super Hiss I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I currently have the BMR panhard bar and brace but am doing the 4.0 within a year. So am debating what I should do. Should I keep my panhard setup? Or go with a watts link setup when I do the blower upgrade? And keep in mind the car won't be raced but just driven on weekends for cruising and stuff like that.

you already have a subframe connector. when i get home me and you need to switch cars, you can see a kenne bell and i can see a subframe connector. what all have you done to your suspension? im leaning torwards 1 or the othe rbut mostly bmr watts link and sub frames

I've got the Shelby/Fays 2 billet watts link and trust me when I tell you it is by far one of the best upgrades I did. Last week I was up in the North GA and Western NC mountains driving ever twisty undulating road I could find and the car was planted and taking corners at speed confidently. I'm sure Kelly will have a good product coming out as well.

you already have a subframe connector. when i get home me and you need to switch cars, you can see a kenne bell and i can see a subframe connector. what all have you done to your suspension? im leaning torwards 1 or the othe rbut mostly bmr watts link and sub frames

Actually I don't have the subframe connector yet. I'm thinking of doing that also when the blower gets done. We definitely need to get together when you get back to the states.

Yes, it is true.

We are going to offer a Chassis Mounted kit, and a diff mounted kit.

The Chassis Mount kit, we are hoping to come in below any Watts available on the market. The diff mounted, should come in substantially lower than any other diff kit, as well.

We are shooting for November time frame for releasing the first kit, then hopefully Q1 2015, the other kit. If I can "hussle" enough, I may have both kits done by years end....but the 2015 Mustang is coming soon, and we will be placing the majority of our focus on that once we get them.

Every Shelby that leaves Vegas should come standard equipped with a Watts link. They make a tremendous difference.

'cept for maybe the Shelby Focus .... :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it's already in production, they're just finalizing the final packaging.

I'm just hoping they offer a cross bar similar to the FAYS/Shelby that will make it work on a convertible. If so then one of them will probably end up on my car if it hits the price point they're aiming for.

• 2 months later...

This should be released very soon. I pre-ordered a few weeks ago and they said to expect delivery in 4-6 weeks. They must be closer than they let on because he was able to include the shipping costs as well. As for fitting the convertible I removed the back braces when I welded on my subframe connectors so there wont be any issues on my car. I can't see those thin gauge bolt on braces doing too much.

• 1 month later...

Kelley @ BMR Fabrication has stated that production of the BMR chassis mounted watts linkage is going to start next week. Can't wait to see more pics!

Man, this is taking forever.

I'm real interested in the BMR unit.

I wish I had installed a Watts Link/Linkage in the first place rather than the panhard bar and brace I installed.

It's never too late.

But I'm also tossing around the idea of a torque tube over a watts too.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived