TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'09 Gt 500 Clutch? Problem

bgover

Long story short a local place installed my new clutch RAM cluth with RAM slave/tob $3400 2 clutches 2 TOB/slave cylinders and a year later they finally got it maybe right... now 8 months later..

When i press on the clutch pedal it starts squealing like a pig being dragged by its tail... It went from a little rubbing noise to this in a few days and Couple hundred miles. When i let of the clutch it stops but i think i can hear a little rubbing noise still. Does the same thing when driving the higher the rpm when i shift the louder the squeal.

From what I've read it sounds like the TOB is going or gone bad.

If this is the case does the whole transmission need to be dropped to change it out?

Thanks Benjamin

Long story short a local place installed my new clutch RAM cluth with RAM slave/tob $3400 2 clutches 2 TOB/slave cylinders and a year later they finally got it maybe right... now 8 months later..

When i press on the clutch pedal it starts squealing like a pig being dragged by its tail... It went from a little rubbing noise to this in a few days and Couple hundred miles. When i let of the clutch it stops but i think i can hear a little rubbing noise still. Does the same thing when driving the higher the rpm when i shift the louder the squeal.

If this is the case does the whole transmission need to be dropped to change it out?

Thanks Benjamin

Yes

Thanks Benjamin

sounds like a throw-out bearing, either way the tranny has to be pulled.

Archived