TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Robin Williams Dead At 63!

It is too bad he could not see the joy he brought to others and you would hope that would have been enough to overcome his depression. But you have to call depression what it really is.......mental illness. And that is why he died. Truly one of the most humorous of all times. And a great supporter of the US Military by conducting USO shows all over the world.

I was blessed to have met and worked with Robin (along Cuba Gooding and Max von Sydow) back in the late 90's during the filming of What Dreams May Come. He was very personable, naturally witty and a true professional. I remember one night, he made everyone on the set at Mare Island Naval Shipyard during a difficult aerial sequence comfortable with some light banter. I'm saddened that his demons overwhelmed his genius. Rest in Peace RW...

I was blessed to have met and worked with Robin (along Cuba Gooding and Max von Sydow) back in the late 90's during the filming of What Dreams May Come. He was very personable, naturally witty and a true professional. I remember one night, he made everyone on the set at Mare Island Naval Shipyard during a difficult aerial sequence comfortable with some light banter. I'm saddened that his demons overwhelmed his genius. Rest in Peace RW...

Great story. Was just sitting here with my 15 and 16 children running down the list of movies he did. Aladdin (Genie), Happy Feet (penguin), Hook, Jack, and Robot. They are saddened too. His humor bridged so many generations.

His wife announced today he was in the early stages of Parkinson's discease also. And he had just had a new television series cancelled and other financial and professional issues. He may have felt everything was hitting him at once. Truly a loss of great talent and, by many reports, a very warm, loving, human being.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the only American movie we had during a severe military conflict was Mrs. Doubt fire. Even know we must have watched that movie over 600 times (really, probably was more) it got us through the ordeal. After 8 months we swapped out with other personnel, and I swear his humor got us through one of the most difficult times in our lives. I'm sure he helped other military in the same way. I feel so sad that he helped so many, but couldn't see the same brightness in himself. I truly hope his soul is finally at peace.

Mark

Archived