TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Share Your Local Car Show Pics

Denstang65

I wanted to share a cool find at a local car show in Whittier, in front of Ruby's Diner. I did not get $ details, sorry, but the new owner of this car just bought it less than 2 weeks ago. This is the new Dynacorp 67 Mustang that ford used to promote the new body. This is the car that was in the magazines and at the shows. Up close, this car is Gorgeous. Anyways, just wanted to share.post-28087-0-14213600-1407723440_thumb.jpgpost-28087-0-77995300-1407723452_thumb.jpgpost-28087-0-98982600-1407723471_thumb.jpgpost-28087-0-57473800-1407723481_thumb.jpgpost-28087-0-37717900-1407723501_thumb.jpg

And yours truly, trying to spread the Shelby Gospel!

post-28087-0-43900000-1407723585_thumb.jpg

I will post some pictures here from time to time at local shows as I go to them!

Verry nice

Thank you! And I am curious what it costs to build one of these….what would you call them??? Tributes? Replicas? Kit Cars? They would not have a VIN, since they are a re-body if you use any other original parts, so I am wondering if maybe they sell them under an MSO? I would bet $70K is about right, if you don't get carried away with the power train and modern, resto-mod type options. My car cost less than that, and it is rotisserie restored back to original. So I just don't see the point of these re-bodies.

Nice, but I prefer the real deal, and I bet mine is cheaper too…..

I do agree with you, real is better! Nice vert by the way! Maybe some people want it to be like a brand new car, to not go through the headaches of restorations and previous ownerships. It was nice to see that car in perfect shape. Gave me the sense of what it must have been like to see a real one brand new back in the day. As far as what to call them, I am guessing it is treated like a 32' roadster kit. They are still called 67 mustangs, but have to pass certain criteria's thru your local highway patrol to officially license and register them.

This past week we had our 35th annual "Race to Indy" car show. It started off very "iffy" due to the weather, but it turned to be a great show. I received a top 5 award which I was ecstatic about. There were some major "players" at this show. We ended up having 128 entries. From what I remember the top 5 consisted of 1970 Mach I "fully restored", 1969 Mach I, 2014 Shelby GT500, and my 2007 Shelby Gt. I was very impressed me to see how much respect the Shelby Gt got with some very impressive mustangs there. By the way, the "Best in Show" was a mint condition 2000 Cobra R. It was incredible.

Very nice cars, all!

Mike, some original bodies are so far gone with rust or damage that it's economically viable to use the another option of buying a new one. My buddy is restoring a fully optioned '71 Mach1 but now regrets buying it because the extemsive damage to it wasn't apparent until he started taking it apart. He says he would rather have bought a "new" body instead if there was one available.

Very nice cars, all!

Mike, some original bodies are so far gone with rust or damage that it's economically viable to use the another option of buying a new one. My buddy is restoring a fully optioned '71 Mach1 but now regrets buying it because the extemsive damage to it wasn't apparent until he started taking it apart. He says he would rather have bought a "new" body instead if there was one available.

I agree Secondo, but how many tens of thousands of Mustangs of those years are out there? Surely you can find one with a solid body to restore, that's my point. You have lots of choices, just some searching for the right ones. :)

Hey that Dynacorp body is cheating.

Many many 67'/68' fastback bodys got bought up during the Elenor heyday. I know many rust buckets where used just for the VIN. A real one to modify has to be getting hard to find.

I feel that body style today is what the steel 32 ford coupe was in the 60's and 70's

Archived