TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock Dyno Runs

SLGT750

I just got back from dynoing two cars my GT500(soon to be 750 hence my name) and my friends brand new stock 2007 Mustang GT (60 miles on it). Well my first run was 453hp and 444tq. I drove there about 10 miles and put it straight on the dyno! Not bad I thought. Then we let it cool down for 15-20 min. and rolled off 470.3hp and 449tq! :happy feet: SWEET! He said if I brought it in 1st thing in the morning I could picked up another 10-15hp. I guess these things really have heat-soak. My A/F was right at 12. Temp was 84, Absolute Pressure 24.8, Humidity 4%. My friends GT laid down respectable 269.7hp and 289.6tg interesting thing is all runs were back to back and actually increased every run (maybe breaking it in!). He needed a baseline run as he is putting on Helion Turbo Kit, his A/F was right at 13. Let the mods begin, I have my lowering stuff, exaust is on the way as are the wheels and tires. Still trying to figure out what driveshaft to get and then comes the KB (kingblower) Stage3 that will have to wait for a couple of months, boy its been an expensive beginning to the summer!

Your car is not stock is it? If so that the hightset hp stock gt500 i have seen. By a lot. What kind of dyno was it?

Yes it is 100% stock w/ 1200mi. on it. The dyno was a Dyno-jet 248c. I thought the car ran as good as my 03 cobra w/ 469hp and 492tq with the numbers being that close I would think they should run the same 1/4 mi. My best time in my 03 cobra conv. was a 12.4 at 114mph with a 1.8 60' at mile high elavation.

not really mine laid down 481/472 on a dynojet. but awesome numbers though.

Hey fearno1 was your car totally cooled down? I think I would be close to your #'s or at least thats what the dyno tech said. I definitely think it runs stronger when I first start going!

I just got back from dynoing two cars my GT500(soon to be 750 hence my name) and my friends brand new stock 2007 Mustang GT (60 miles on it). Well my first run was 453hp and 444tq. I drove there about 10 miles and put it straight on the dyno! Not bad I thought. Then we let it cool down for 15-20 min. and rolled off 470.3hp and 449tq! :happy feet: SWEET! He said if I brought it in 1st thing in the morning I could picked up another 10-15hp. I guess these things really have heat-soak. My A/F was right at 12. Temp was 84, Absolute Pressure 24.8, Humidity 4%. My friends GT laid down respectable 269.7hp and 289.6tg interesting thing is all runs were back to back and actually increased every run (maybe breaking it in!). He needed a baseline run as he is putting on Helion Turbo Kit, his A/F was right at 13. Let the mods begin, I have my lowering stuff, exaust is on the way as are the wheels and tires. Still trying to figure out what driveshaft to get and then comes the KB (kingblower) Stage3 that will have to wait for a couple of months, boy its been an expensive beginning to the summer!

That is one helluva stock dyno run. Congrats SLG750. I could only hope to get somewhat close to that. I am going to take mine in soon to get a baseline.

Call me crazy But thoes numbers seem way off 481/472. That would mean stock you car is making 560-570 fwhp. If thats the case i need to start a class action like the 99 cobras did because i put down around 416/420 hot and 430/425 with a cool down

here ya go, and all runs were not done until engine was at 170 deg. these were the stock tune and then with a jlt cai.

correctedgraph.jpg

here is the video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9a1ba47...8d20183ccd7.htm

Call me crazy But thoes numbers seem way off 481/472. That would mean stock you car is making 560-570 fwhp. If thats the case i need to start a class action like the 99 cobras did because i put down around 416/420 hot and 430/425 with a cool down

I know some dyno's read a little different and I am sure your car is putting down similar numbers if we all ran on the same dyno and parameters are equal. All I know is it runs as good as my 03 cobra did w/ mods and this thing is stock! Hopefully your car wasn't built on a friday :hysterical2: j/k. Have you rode in another GT500? Does it feel as strong? If not maybe you can look at other options but since the 99 incedent I think Ford has underrated all of there numbers. I used to have a 99 as well and was not happy when an 01 ate my lunch!

Archived